See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

First, if you are a non-smoker, beware. Our room was between smoking rooms. In fact, all of the rooms around were for smokers and smelled. They obviously throw the towels and sheets together with smoking rooms, so we could smell stale cigarette smoke all in the bathroom and in the bed. Also, there were people hanging around their doors watching everything we did, as we went to and from our car. It was creepy. Few restaurants in the area, too.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Studio 6 Denton - UNT, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Richard, Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and comfort. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

So my husband, I and my daughter stayed here, because the pricing was a bit cheaper in the small room with full size double beds. This wasn't too bad and eventually because the stay was much longer than anticipated due to circumstances beyond our control we moved to a suite with a king size bed. We have been here almost 4 months, this place is out of control. The police are here at least twice a week, the kids are out of control, the hotel does not care nor help, they say oh we can't do anything call the police. They also allow people who live/stay here and are running business to control the only two washing machines on site. A woman informed me she was washing laundry for twelve workers and no one is supposed to use it when she is. Well you go look, laundry basket is left there with no laundry in the washer or dryer. I thought the washer and dryer were for hotel guests, not for a business? Well it looks like they really don't care about the comfort of their guests at all. Now to talk about the kids, unbearable and little brats. They allow these uncontrollable kids and parents to control the complex and continue to be rude and berating. Now lets talk about the room, wasn't too dirty, but cockroaches, the internet is not good at all, you lose connection constantly and the TV is horrible. I will never stay here ever again, even if I had to live in my car.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank anonymous7218
Nick P, General Manager at Studio 6 Denton - UNT, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent experience. I want to personally apologize for the issues you have encounter and noise that disturbed your stay.

We want our guests to have the best and safe stay as possible where everything is in perfect working order. I am sorry if that was not the case during your stay. You can be confident that we will follow-up with your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns!

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Very afordable hotel.
Friendly staff.
Clean rooms.
Bathrooms need some tlc.
Nice kitchen with a fullsized fridge.

I have seen at least 4 cockaroaches since i have been here but honoselty you get what you pay for.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2017

Sometimes, everything is wrong. It started with me reserving a handicapped room and upon arrival finding they had none. They made no attempt to notify me.

I had no choice at that hour, so I took a downstairs room.

In a week, these were the challenges:

1. Wifi never worked
2. Even though it was a kitchenette, the only place to sit and eat was a 2'x18" (approx.) built in desk. No table! No real desk! I have no idea what 2 people would do.
3. Only 1 chair and it was uncomfortable. Again, what would 2 people do?
4. 1 hand towel!
5. Ceiling falling down in bathroom.
6. Coffee pot spills all over the place.
7. No kitchen towels.
8. Keys failed on 3 different days
9. Maids left dirty towels and cleaning supplies in the room.
10. Burnt out light next to bed not fixed despite 2 requests.
11. ROACHES!!

As a regular Studio 6 guest, I was shocked at how poorly this location was run. I had never been to this one and I absolutely would never return.

This week I am at the Studio 6 in Edmond, OK and everything is perfect. Studio 6 national has a significant quality control challenge. Most units are fine and I go back year after year. Some are simply awful.

The other comment I have is Studio 6 national customer service is a waste of time. I filed a complaint in February and in May I still have not had a response.

When it is a good Studio 6, it is an excellent value. When it is a bad one - it can be really bad.

JOE

Room Tip: don't stay at Studio 6 - Denton
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Studio 6 Denton - UNT, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2017

Dear Joe, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort issues you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience.

Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

Bed was very nice.
Breakfast was ok.
Waffles and normal cold foods.
Also frozen sausage biscuit that can be microwaved.
Room was clean.
Door had missing dead bolt arm.
Sink has rust and missing stopper.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple