See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I am not a fussy traveler but this is the worst hotel I’ve ever stayed in. It stinks like urine. The sheets have stains on and hairs. The walls are so thin you can hear the neighbors TV and they came in at 2 o’clock in the morning with a baby hollering. Spend the extra money and get a decent place! Won’t even brush my teeth here

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Denton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Curiann, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable room and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the odor concern and bed comfort issues you describe. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We usually stay at a Holiday Inn but had our dog with us and the HIE in Denton has a no pets policy. Motel 6 does always allow pets for free but it is a budget motel.

They clearly try to take care of this property, our room was cleaned nicely every day and the first night our heat/AC didn't work, we told them in the am and it was fixed when we returned. I do like that they don't have carpet given the heavy wear and abuse everything shows. They also have nice grass for the dog (many Motel 6s just have dirt/weed patches).

The downside, the room had seen much better days. The bedspreads were pretty gross. The blanket/sheets were so thin they were inadequate particularly with no heat one night. The TV remote was broken, missing a piece and a button.

The worst part was the noise. The walls are so thin we could hear other people snoring, the traffic noise was horrible. The first night someone above us clearly had a big dog that didn't settle down until after midnight. It seemed like a lot of other guests were smoking right outside their doors or in their rooms and our room smelled of smoke (which I find disgusting). My biggest concern the first night was driving back to our room in the late afternoon there were a lot of sketchy people hanging out, there was a couple sleeping/relaxing in their car while their young kids ran around the property and there was a heavy smell of marijuana and a few guys sitting in lawn chairs chain smoking.

I think they try, it just isn't a place I'd stay unless I had my dog with me again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
mitul_desai, General Manager at Motel 6 Denton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We apologize for your unpleasant stay as a result of the concerns you describe. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. I will personally supervise that all your other complaints are addressed. Despite this, we hope to be able to welcome you back on a return visit to Denton,TX. we will offer you 20% discount for your unpleasent stay.

thanks
Mitch desai

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Very noisy - no carpet - basic amenities - not warm and inviting at all. Obviously pet friendly - listened to barking dogs all night. A really terse argument from a few doors down. The room was very noisy. Water pressure in the shower was low, but was hot. The sink didn't drain. There was a refrigerator and a microwave as well as a Television. Cigarette burns in the bedspread - not just one - but several. We were in a non-smoking room. Price - was ok - overpriced for what you get. On the plus side- I suppose they could hose the place down every day.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Denton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Allyson, Thank you for sharing your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our award-winning Phoenix room redesign featuring wood-effect laminate floors. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Motel 6 rules for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason, we apologize for the dissatisfaction you describe in the expectations of amenities. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Family friendly and very dog friendly. Excellent service and employees! Best stay ever at this hotel. Will definitely stay longer! Owner and employees treat with up most respect and will make sure you are very comfortable. Thank you Mitch, your hotel and service is amazing! Keep up the good work! Love Motel 6 Denton tx

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
mitul_desai, General Manager at Motel 6 Denton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Good Morning,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.
Your positive feed back is are very important for us.we will keep try to give best service to all of the guest who staying here at motel 6 Denton on university Dr.
Thanking you.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I was a walk in at this Motel 6 this past Friday. I had decided to stay there because I had gotten into a spat with my wife. However I changed my mind almost immediately(less than 10 minutes) because I wanted to stay in my own home and went back to the office to return the key and requested a refund. The clerk stated that because it was a weekend I could not receive a refund and he refused to take the key card. He did state that if I wanted to speak to a manager that he would be in on Sunday. I left the property immediately(just to clarify, I DID NOT stay at the motel) and I returned on Sunday and the manager, Mitch, stated that I should have been given my refund then. He then stated that he wanted to confirm with his employee if my statements were true by calling him and that he would call me later. I gave him a day and didn't hear anything back so I went in again and he had yet to speak to his employee, but he'd call me the following morning. The following day I went in again and he stated that I had stayed in the room long enough to tamper with it and fix it to make it appear that I was not there. He added that I was "gone too long" in order for me to get a refund. My wife called customer service and explained the situation and was told that a refund should have been issued, however they called the property and Mitch told customer service that I was there for over 30 minutes and that they tracked it by the number of times I used the key card, which was only used once when I originally went into the room and again I TRIED TO RETURN THE KEY. Then we were referred back to the property manager because supposably this location is independent and the name doesn't tie it to the company, Motel 6(even though customer service had record of my short visit). I called customer service once more and they stated that the manager claimed that I had multiple people over, noise complaints and that I was smoking in a nonsmoking room. Again, I did not stay at the motel, I went home to resolve things with my wife and I stayed home. I'm not sure if they allowed someone else into the room after I left, but their surveillance footage will show that I did not stay the night there and that I did leave the property. In short, I'm out of my money because a clerk either didn't know how to do their job or didn't feel like doing their job and the manager is dishonest. I wouldn't recommend anyone stay here or do business with ANY Motel 6 at this point.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Denton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Micah, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred during your recent stay with regard your reservation and the inconveniences you experienced. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.