All reviewspet ownersuniversity drivethe breakfast areaa great staywafflesbiscuits and gravyfront desk clerkwould stay againclean roomsexcellent hotelnice roombed was comfortablefirst floorfree breakfaststaff was friendlyparking lotpets
Reviewed 15 June 2018

Room not ready. Still dirty from last person. Hallways filthy. Front desk staff non-caring and rude. They did not seem to care about the room condition nor that there was construction going on the floor and construction workers were all over the place. Not a good experience or a good place to stay for vacation. I will no longer be staying in any LaQuinta's.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Sherri G, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Denton - University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

I apologize for the experience you had during your stay. Definitely not something we want you to encounter. I am addressing this immediately so it never happens again.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Our room has high ceilings, new hardwood floors, tons of space and more. Microwave and mini fridge are a plus. The staff were incredible. Cindy didn’t mind when I bothered her for extra pillows. She was incredibly helpful with finding a local restaurant. There is fruit infused water, coffee and tea made fresh during check-in. I really enjoyed the pool & hot tub. This La Quinta raised the bar. Loving this hotel & thte staff. Thanks for going out of your way Cindy!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Peter P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Denton - University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very happy to hear that our staff made your feel at home. This is really one of the things that we try to maintain in our hotel. Hoping to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

The first two floors r have been recently remodeled. Very nice. All have fridges, microwaves, large flatscreen hotels, and a comfortable easy chair. Free wi-fi is offered. It s Clark we to many restaurants. The staff is wonderful, and Rice’s are very fair. Very pet friendly. Highly recommended.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Peter P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Denton - University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

I appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel. We do take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can. If you're traveling to our area again soon, don't hesitate to call us.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

First of all, I love animals & have several, so I’m not an animal hater. Just be aware that this is pet friendly hotel. There is nothing wrong with that, I just prefer not to stay where there are animals due to the smells, noise, & uncleanliness. The entire hotel had many unpleasant odors, most likely attempting to cover up from the animals. The carpeted halls were full of dog hair. There was a very shrill small dog obviously abandoned & alone across the hall from our room. It wasn’t the poor dogs’ fault. He was left alone in a strange place with strange noises & smells, so he barks, that’s what dogs do. Management was able to get the owner to return to quite the dog. People just do not care if their pets are annoying or inconveniencing other patrons.
My point is, if you allow pets and they are not segregated on a separate floor, please, please make sure there is a large notice on the website & the LQ App. Travelers need this information ahead of time. If I had know ahead of time, I would not have stayed at this location and would not have had to post a negative review.
P. S. (I stay at LQ’s for business purposes 6-8 nights a month & am very happy with most locations)

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. All your comments are essential to educating our staff about good and bad service. We will ensure your feedback will be given to all. Furthermore, I will personally supervise that all your other complaints are addressed that everything will be in order on your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back then.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Peter P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Denton - University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018