USD 69
Hotels.com
USD 73
Courtyard Denton(Denton)
USD 89
All reviewsbreakfast roomwafflesfourth floorinternet accessflat screen tvbreakfast barmini fridgenice roompleasant staywould definitely stay here againcerealtilethermostat
Reviewed 7 April 2018

This was the typical Comfort Inn, adequate but nothing outstanding. Could have used some attention to details such as closing doors to maintenance areas so the mess didn't show, etc. Breakfast was good - cereal, hot and cold, scrambled eggs and sausage, waffles, fruit, etc. Breakfast staff person was very nice, helpful, and attentive. As with most hotels, the A/C heating unit roared like a hurricane.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2017

They were remodeling, so I didn't expect perfection. The room was so-so, but the bed had a 1/2 coverlet that had little black hairs all over it! It was disgusting. The sink stopper didn't work. The toilet wobbled. Half of the outlets didn't work. We lost food because the refrigerator didn't stay cold. On the last day, after realizing the electrical outlet problem, I tried another outlet and then it got cold. I injured myself in the fitness center because a machine was broken. They offered me 10% off the price....woopee! The receptionist was rarely at the front because of smoke breaks. They ran out of food in the breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Betty H
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Our family all stayed here in October 2017. We are all from different parts of the country and were in town to visit family here. I’ve stayed at other Choice Hotels with no problem. However, this was not the case with this particular hotel. Each of us had some kind of problem with our room. We arrived very late on Friday night and were hungry. We were just going to grab something out of the vending machine but the lady working the front desk said the vending machine was out of order and would be repaired in the morning. It still wasn’t fixed on Sunday. In our room, our entry way light did not work upon arrival. We also discovered our carpet was soaked from the leaking air conditioner. It was leaking so bad you could actually hear it dripping into the soaked carpet. The next night, the lights and the fan burned out in the bathroom. We found some screws on the floor in the room. We also discovered trash under one of the beds to include a Kleenex and a bag of sunflower seeds. The walls are scuffed up and in need of some serious attention. The door to our room did not shut on its own. It had to be pushed shut and made sure the door clicked to ensure it was shut. The lack of appropriate housekeeping and cleaning is a real issue here.

When my sisters arrived, their air conditioner was not working in their room. They called for maintenance and were told that they probably froze up the A/C but knew that wasn’t possible because they had just arrived. They also had a stain on their bedding and a stain on the floor. It looks like blood stains.

In my aunt’s room, an open condom was discovered in one of the drawers. My uncle reported this to the front desk on Saturday morning and was assured housekeeping would take care of it. On Sunday morning, my aunt discovered it. Clearly it had not been taken care of.

The refrigerator did not work in my mom’s room.

The front desk was friendly. When we checked out and began to tell them our issues, she said the general manager had already told her to comp our first night, which we greatly appreciated. We clearly weren’t the only ones with problems as the lady working the front desk had a list of complaints/maintenance issues from other guests. We definitely won’t be back.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ashley R
Reviewed 10 October 2017

I'm the kind of person that likes to leave positive reviews but I just can't do it with this hotel. In fact I'm being generous with the 2 stars. It was bad from the second I walked in the door. Let me count the ways...
1) they were being remodeled and didn't bother to say anything. The whole lobby was a construction zone. I don't go on vacation to be in this atmosphere. You had to walk on planks to get across lobby. (new flooring) even though I appreciate the update, I don't want to be there while it's happening. They should have mentioned it.
2) the builder apparently didn't believe in insulation. Normally when I go to a hotel, as soon as I close my door, i'm in a sound bubble. I don't hear anything outside my room. In this hotel, I could hear my neighbor's TV every morning at 6:00 am! You could hear everyone talking in the hallway and every footstep upstairs. I don't blame the hotel guests as nobody was being rude or overly noisy. It was just the hotel.
3) I found a giant roach in the bathroom.
4) after we killed said roach, the next day, after the cleaning staff "cleaned" my room, I found severed leg of roach still on floor. Along with my hair. They didn't clean at all. I'm fine with them not changing sheets while I'm there but I do expect them to clean. If I wanted a dirty bathroom, I could stay at home. Oh not once was my toilet paper roll on the holder. The cleaning crew always left it on the counter.
5) tv remote held together by tape
6) breakfast on day one was Green eggs and sausage. Not my choice. However the Texas shaped waffle was excellent
7) I complained to front desk about noise and construction..."Sorry I'm not responsible, there is nothing I can do".
8) the pool and hot tub looked promising in the pictures but hot tub wouldn't come on and once we saw the water, my husband refused to get in. He said considering everything that was going on in the hotel, he didn't want to take the chance with the pool water.
9) elevator was dirty and missing buttons and rails
I'm sure I could come up with #10 but I think I've said enough.
Stay at La Quinta nextdoor instead.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here overnight on our way to Oklahoma. The staff is very friendly but I did not enjoy my stay. The hotel looks a bit run down. The chairs were torn and the shower needs updating. Found a bug in my bed when I woke up in the middle of the night. Then I checked on my kids in the next bed to find a roach crawling on my toddler's pillow. Definitely won't make another stop there.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family