“Great Museum with lots of history!!!”

Perrin Air Force Base Historical Museum
Ranked #7 of 27 things to do in Denison
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 26 November 2014

I found out about this museum by accident. I was tracing googlemaps satellite when I noticed the F-86 Sabre silhouette at the entrance. That's when I found out there was a museum. I made it a top stop on my trip and felt it was well, well worth it. The tour guide and I talked a lot about aircraft that were based there and I learned many things and even surprised the tour guide with some of my aircraft knowledge. After touring the museum I bought a lot of souvenirs including my favorite, a book about the base with lots of photos. Then I drove around the former base taking photos of some of the air force built hangars and buildings. If you are an aviation enthusiast like me, you will not want to miss this place.

Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Bigger than what it appears .... really good exhibits and well organized. Volunteers were very informative and made tour exceptionally enjoyable with personal stories. Recommended for any aviation/military history enthusiast.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

A wonderful collection of items from WW1 thru current time, what started as the Perrin Field museum and has become The Perrin Air Force Base Historical Museum which now includes all branches of the military. On display in the museum is a T-37 twin jet trainer, outside the museum is a F-86L Sabre jet mounted for display. Hundreds of model aircraft, hundreds of pics, aircraft artwork, and uniforms from WW2 thru current day uniforms of all services even a motor ship's wheel off the motor ship Road Island, you will be amazed at the varied artifacs on display.

4  Thank Harry S