See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 December 2015 via mobile

Front desk staff was pleasant. Room was poorly lit, bed and pillows are very firm. Beds were small and very bouncy. Don't expect to get up in the middle of the night and not wake up your partner. Not very good sound deadening. A herd of elephants were running around in the room above us. Be sure to get a room on the ends of the building.

Breakfast was horrible. Microwave bacon, powder eggs, rubbery pancakes out of the machine, and horrible coffee. Get more use out of it if they turned it into a bar

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
King W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Deer Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2015

Dear Marshall L,
Our goal is to provide superior and comfortable accommodations as well as excellent customer service to each and every hotel guest. Therefore, we are disappointed to hear that we did not live up to those high standards on this particular visit. We have shared your feedback with our staff so that necessary changes can be made to improve the overall experience for hotel guests, particularly the issue with the noise level of the adjacent rooms. We look forward to seeing you again in the future so that we can provide the excellent service that you and all of our guests deserve!

Reviewed 19 October 2015

Very nice people, nice room, air worked great. Problem is rates have gotten to high for my busniess, asked for a reduced rate for the two nights, nothing available. I have stayed there many many times most recent in Sept. and have been a Rewards Club member since 1983. Be nice if that was traken into consideration. Loyality should mean something. Will have to find another hotel.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Deer Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2015

Dear Roger V,

Thank you for your stay and for being a member of the IHG Rewards Club. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel to your liking. On the other hand, I regret to hear that you found our room pricing to be high. We provide service rates that are competitive in the area while simultaneously ensuring that our facilities are well maintained. As hospitality professionals, it is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Many IHG properties are franchised, independently owned and operated as well. In this case, the hotel management and ownership determine their own pricing strategies and policies in accordance with local demand and business needs. IHG is not involved in the development of these individual hotel policies. However, your comments are noted and forwarded to our Management team for proper evaluation. I greatly appreciate you sharing your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to further understand what we can adjust or do more for our guests to get the most out of their stay with us.

Until your next visit, we remain at your service.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 October 2015 via mobile

First the good - nice front desk staff, good coffee available very early in the morning, spacious rooms! The bad - stained carpeting and a bit on the dirty side and mold around tub and shower unit - not what I expect from a good Holiday Inn Express! And now for the ugly - stained sheets on bed. While I'm sure that they were clean (hopefully) there is ABSOLUTELY no excuse for putting them back on a bed. Again, I expect better from the Holiday Inn family!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Deer Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2015

Dear Mike M,

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate that you have highlighted aspects that you liked at our hotel, specifically our front desk staff, the coffee offered every morning, and our spacious rooms. However, we apologize if the condition of the room and the bed linens were less than satisfactory. Rest assured our goal is to maintain a clean and sanitary environment for all of our guests. We will work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

Very nice, newer hotel. I would have given it 5 stars, except for the poor lighting, weak water pressure, & terrible wifi. I had to use my cell phone flashlight to do my make-up. The shower pressure was terrible. The wifi dropped constantly. I lost a lot of unsaved work after it dropped. I ended up having to use a LAN cable. I understand trying to be "green" but they could have saved a lot of electricity if housekeeping didn't crank the a/c to the point of a meat locker.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2015

The Hotel was nice and clean and the breakfast was good. The only problem we had there was our door keys stopped working 4 times! We were locked out of our room for half an hour when we needed to be getting ready for the wedding. They finally moved us to a different room. We were able to get ready and we got to there just ahead of the wedding party's march down the isle. Whew! All in all, it was a good stay, the hotel personnel were all nice and eager to help. We would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: No matter what room you choose, they are all seem nice, just make sure you go to breakfast before 9:15 a.m. or everything will be gone!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family