All reviews stayed here room was large nice hotel houston pros cons couch
Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

Very nice, newer hotel. I would have given it 5 stars, except for the poor lighting, weak water pressure, & terrible wifi. I had to use my cell phone flashlight to do my make-up. The shower pressure was terrible. The wifi dropped constantly. I lost a lot of unsaved work after it dropped. I ended up having to use a LAN cable. I understand trying to be "green" but they could have saved a lot of electricity if housekeeping didn't crank the a/c to the point of a meat locker.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2015

The Hotel was nice and clean and the breakfast was good. The only problem we had there was our door keys stopped working 4 times! We were locked out of our room for half an hour when we needed to be getting ready for the wedding. They finally moved us to a different room. We were able to get ready and we got to there just ahead of the wedding party's march down the isle. Whew! All in all, it was a good stay, the hotel personnel were all nice and eager to help. We would definitely stay there again!

Room tip: No matter what room you choose, they are all seem nice, just make sure you go to breakfast before 9:15 a.m. or everything will be gone!
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2015

Well appointed clean rooms, nice public areas and a good hot breakfast. Pool area pretty small, but also nice. WiFi stable and adequately fast. There were no problems with anything except a room safe that didn't work, maybe the reception could have done more to get that fixed.

Room tip: All rooms should be good.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2015

I recently spent 4 nights at this hotel in Early June 2015. I was there on business, this hotel had everything a business traveller needs. Internet was fast and wasnt dropping out constantly, rooms were clean, spacious and well kept. Staff was very helpful. One small note. There wasn't much consistency amongst room rates, My coworkers and I all had the same rooms but we were all charged different prices...

My only real complaint has nothing to do with the hotel itself but more the location. There is nothing around here, not much for food options in the area except for greasy spoon type places. There is nothing for any sort of entertainment in these parts either, at least my coworkers and I could not find much. I dont consider a 40 min drive to downtown Houston close by.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
King W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Deer Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with our team. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the kind words about our staff & property. When next you stay with us, please check with our front desk staff for dining and entertainment recommendations ... we are always happy to point out some of the great attractions in the area that may be off the beaten path. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 25 June 2015

Upon arriving check in was fast and the lobby is very nicely decorated. I asked about local restaruants for dinner and was given great advice. The room was very large with sofa and chairs and 2 queen beds. Also, small refridgerator, microwave, sink with cabinets. Would be perfect for small family traveling or someone taking family on business trip with them. The bathroom was nice and clean with a great shower head and towels. I felt very safe inside and in the well lite parking area. The breakfast area was clean and there was plenty to eat and plenty of tables and chairs.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
King W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Deer Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2015

Thank you very much Nancy F for selecting the Holiday Inn Express & Suites for your recent stay in Deer Park TX. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the kind words about our staff, clean & comfortable rooms and hot breakfast. Thanks again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to seeing you again when next you return to the area.