Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Market Center
Ranked #81 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I was hesitant to book this hotel based on reviews, but decided to take a chance. I love Embassy Suites hotels so I was hoping for the best. Bottom line, there was nothing terribly bad. Yes, there is a major renovation project going on. The hotel website says it’s being renovated through 6/30. I honestly don’t see how they will be done in the next month. They have a lot of work to do. The current state is that everything has been gutted out in atrium and the outside front entrance.

Parking is limited to half the normal lots size. The rest is sectioned off b/c of the renovation. They do have additional parking next to the second entrance. The main lot was never full and there always seemed to be plenty of parking in the second lot. The entrance to the front drive way is blocked off but they had huge signs with arrows directing traffic which entrance to take. Nothing confusing about parking.

Checking was quick. Front desk staff was very friendly. We attended the manager’s reception. Lines were pretty long for drinks. There was just one bartender for the time we were there.

Rooms were clean. Beds were very comfortable. I checked for bed bugs thanks to the last review. No bed bugs in my room. A/C wasn’t too loud. It cooled great and we had a nice, quiet night.

We planned to go down to the pool but it was pretty busy so we decided to pass. The business center was up and running. There are no restaurants within walking distance. We drove about 7 minutes down the highway for dinner.

Breakfast was good and the staff did a good job of keeping everything stocked. The omelets were good. There was always a line but the cook did a good job of keeping the lines moving along.

Overall it was a nice stay. For me, the only drawback of the renovation is there was no place to just sit and have a drink, talk or people watch. I think the hotel staff is making the best of their situation. I hope they are able to get the renovations complete and hopefully things will pick up.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank nixonpp
Matthew G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay despite the renovation work that was underway. Thank you for chosing to visit us and for sharing your feedback, please come back and enjoy all of our great renovation work!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,049)

Reviewed 24 May 2012

When I was getting ready to hop into bed, I saw what looked like a small black dot on a pillow. I looked a little closer and it was a dark red bug. I notified the front desk and they changed my room. The room was beautiful, the service was descent but I will NOT be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Rose_Daw
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Thank you for notifying us immediately during your stay of your findings and giving us the opportunity to serve you during the remainder of your stay. With your assistance we were able to have a certified pest company complete a thourough investigation the next day and went ahead and completed a full treatment within the room as a precautionary measure to ensure the hotel remains protected from any bed bugs.

We do hope that you will continue to choose the Embassy Suites brand in your future travels.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

My wife and I just completed our fifth Hilton property stay (20 May 2012) in 10 nights on my current business trip; one more to go. I knew a renovation project was underway from the notice on the hotel's web site, but didn't imagine it was a big as it is. We arrived and checked in at 1800. The front of the hotel is closed off, so parking was definitely a challenge. Our handicapped placard really saved the day. Entrance to the hotel and access to the check-in desk was from two side doors with long corresponding hallways. Renovation signs and plastic covering was everywhere. Check-in was uneventful. I was welcomed to the property, my Gold status acknowledged and offered additional assistance if necessary. I was in and out of area in less than 2 minutes. We went straight to the Manager's Special. This area also looked like a makeshift one due to the oncoing renovation projects...it was full, so we sat in the dining area. It was warm in the area, but the sun was setting at our back. My only minor ding was the chips for the salsa were served on coffee cup saucers. We ordered calimari from the menu (it was not good at all). Our sixth floor room had a great view; very comfortable living and sleeping areas but a very small bathroom (had two access doors that went into the bedroom and living area). Two flat-screen TVs were present with a tiny microwave, frig and sink. I guess, since there was so much work going on, the dining and room service menus were limited...but again adequate. The air conditioning unit in our room was very noisy (sounded like we were in the middle of a laundry room), but we closed the bedroom door and that muffled most of the noise. I went to get a bucket of ice and a coke (took 2.00 worth of change); needed my key to access the vending area and a credit card to get the coke...WOW!!!! There were a lot of kids running around, having fun, but not bad at all. Because of the manager's special crowd and small area the evening earlier, we chose not the eat breakfast there the following day. All in all, a very good stay under the conditions! And the hotel location is ideal...close to downtown, eateries, the Convention Center, Love Field, Medieval Times and many more....

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank RozYNIA
Monique L, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Although renovations are necessary to improve our hotel for our valued guests to enjoy, it is sometimes a painful process. We are nearing the end of the most difficult part and currently our Atrium, front entrance and fitness center are not accessible to our guests. With that said the improvements to the property will be outstanding when it’s complete! I’m happy to say that we are within 45 days of completion and I’d like to invite you to return and enjoy dinner in our brand new restaurant prepared by our new Executive Chef. Our number one priority is to do whatever it takes to make our guests feel welcome and to provide the best service possible and we will continue to strive to meet your highest standards.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

This Embassy Suites was undergoing a facelift, and the inherent problems that come with that. Nonetheless, the staff was on top of, very courteous, helpful, and when there were the expected minor problems, they compensated. Good location, easy to the freeways and a short 2 miles into downtown.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Matthew G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2013

Thank you for your patience and understanding during our renovation, we do hope that you will come back and see us now that the renovation has been completed.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

My family and I stay at this ES several times a year because of its proximity to the hospital district (my doctor is there and we live about 200 miles away). This is a very typical ES with nothing spectacular about it but nothing horrible either. Our last stay, however, left a lot to be desired. I understand that being under construction is never easy on anyone but the parking was almost nil and it took quite a while to get a cart to our car for luggage. The staff at the desk seemed really scattered, especially the young man there, and distracted.

Because my husband is a Hilton Honors member, we travel on points quite a bit. We understand that we are not able to choose a specific room when we travel this way but after we were put in a smoking room with an obvious ashtray on the counter, the first suggestion was to "be up right away to remove the ashtray." Silence. "Well, why don't we move you, instead?" Ya think? Again, distracted and scattered. We have stayed here several times but we have never had an experience like this. We look forward to the construction phase being over and hope that everyone will be on their game by then.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

I am very happy to say that our renovation has been completed, please come back and see us again soon!