“My New Favorite Restaurant”

Saint Martin's Wine Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Saint Martin's Wine Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 3,881 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: USD 25 - USD 100
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2017

I was taken to Saint Martin's Wine Bistro to celebrate my birthday and had a wonderful time. The atmosphere is very charming, the food was delectable and the service was top notch. I could not have asked for anything more.

1  Thank Carolyn W

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

This would be a great restaurant for a quiet intimate dinner, but ask for our cozy little nook in the back which seated only 4, or for a spot in one of the smaller side rooms. The tables in the bar area are good too, but noisy and better suited for those who like loud areas. Pictured is the Champagne Brie soup which is a trademark and delicious! The seafood crepe Appetizer was also good. Our party tried 4 different entries. I chose the duck which was very good. But the salmon was a huge portion and looked even better. Our friend said her filet was excellent and husband enjoyed his pork dish. Try a dessert other than the cheesecake as it wasn't anything special- when I don't finish cheesecake or take it home, that's unusual. Overall very good evening and loved the setting.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

The restaurant decor has an old world charm to it. Very fitting for a fine French restaurant. Fabulous dinner!! Champagne Brie soup was fantastic! Parmesan crusted salmon, Herb crusted pick, beef bourguignon were all excellent. Crime brûlée, white chocolate cheesecake, chocolate terrine ~ out of this world good. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 1 August 2017

St. Martin's is certainly a diamond in the rough, found on Greenville's lower end, and within a sort of strip-center settings. Nonetheless, St. Martin's really shines as a beacon of romance and sophistication in fine dining while in Dallas.

We were greeted enthusiastically by the Maître D' who promptly seated us at a nice table. Silverware and glasses were perfectly positioned, and a small flower arrangement adorned the table. Lights were quite dim, setting the right amount of visual ambience for our dining experience.

As with most restaurants, there were the "Specials of the Day," ranging from beef to chicken to seafood. There was lobster bisque as well for the soup du jour.

For starters, we both had the recommended "La Brie Et Champagne" soup. All I can tell you is that you MUST try this. A rich and simple cheesy soup that was perfectly infused with brie. Not a single drop was left. For our appetizers, we decided on the "La Tartare De Boeuf" and the "Les Escargots St. Martin’s." The tartare was perfectly presented with just the right amount of herbs, spices, and garlic. Escargot was brimming with tasty mounds of goodness bathed in buttery garlic and shallots, and served with crostini. Both were simply divine.

For our meals, I ordered the Chateaubriand steak which was a listed Special of the Day. Presented in perfectly cooked medium rare with a subtle sauce and perfectly cooked asparagus spears. She ordered the Chilean Sea Bass that was accompanied by a savory sauce, asparagus spears, and served atop a mound of herbed mashed potatoes (I think). Both were simply outstanding.

For dessert, we shared the "Almond ball." a ball of vanilla ice cream that was rolled in toasted almonds and dressed with just the right amount of chocolate syrup. Simple, but very nice.

The only downside of the visit was actually the piano playing. I know..."how can that be an issue?" you might ask. Well, being a piano player for the vast majority of my life, I guess I'm just finicky about such things. First, please TUNE the piano you have in your restaurant. If you're not sure if it is in tune, just ask someone who plays if it is. At any rate, you can certainly afford to have someone come in on a monthly basis and bring it up to par. Next, the piano player had a relationship with the sustain pedal that beyond tolerable for me. Each note drowned the other throughout various melodies of dated Disney movie tunes, a Phantom of the Opera song, and old standards like "Misty" et al. The combined sustained and resonating sounds of the out-of-tune piano with some cliche' tunes were almost intolerable at times. At one point I was prepared to offer a large tip to just have the pianist stop, but I simply tried to ignore it. Sorry for being picky, but this is just one of my very few irritations when it comes to a house piano player.

Nonetheless, the experience was well worth it. Food and ambience was the perfect fit for a special occasion, and we will certainly be back!

Reviewed 16 June 2017

We returned to St. Martin after a couple of years away and found it to be as charming as ever. Ask for a booth - these are the best seats in the house. but even in the bistro area, the seating is designed to give you privacy (unlike standard bistro seating). The pianist is relatively unobtrusive and very talented, the wait staff seasoned and professional and the food fantastic. Add to that a variety of specials each night, good wine list and romantic setting and you've got the recipe for a great night out. Starter was the pate de maison, which was sized for 2 but priced for one and delicious. Then a beet, apple and mixed green salad with a very subtle vinagrette and sprinkling of blue cheese (delicious as well). Their bread, I should mention, is crisp and tastes like a fresh baguette in Paris! My peppercorn encrusted tenderloin and my wife's chateaubriand were both cooked to order (1 level above the 'chop house' standard, but we usually order one level less cooked anywhere we go to be safe - meaning my rare was really medium rare) and quite delicious. Finally we wrapped up with their souffle - the grand marnier was to die for. Give them a try and revel in actually being able to speak to your date quietly - no shouting over the din!