“Romance & Class”

Saint Martin's Wine Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Saint Martin's Wine Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 3,716 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: USD 25 - USD 100
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2017

We returned to St. Martin after a couple of years away and found it to be as charming as ever. Ask for a booth - these are the best seats in the house. but even in the bistro area, the seating is designed to give you privacy (unlike standard bistro seating). The pianist is relatively unobtrusive and very talented, the wait staff seasoned and professional and the food fantastic. Add to that a variety of specials each night, good wine list and romantic setting and you've got the recipe for a great night out. Starter was the pate de maison, which was sized for 2 but priced for one and delicious. Then a beet, apple and mixed green salad with a very subtle vinagrette and sprinkling of blue cheese (delicious as well). Their bread, I should mention, is crisp and tastes like a fresh baguette in Paris! My peppercorn encrusted tenderloin and my wife's chateaubriand were both cooked to order (1 level above the 'chop house' standard, but we usually order one level less cooked anywhere we go to be safe - meaning my rare was really medium rare) and quite delicious. Finally we wrapped up with their souffle - the grand marnier was to die for. Give them a try and revel in actually being able to speak to your date quietly - no shouting over the din!

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Jazz pianist, Chateaubriand, what else do you need? Maybe dessert...great service, classic fare. No crazy gastronomy fads. I felt taken care of as a solo diner and very comfortable. Very nice elderberry champagne sparkler to start. Homemade raspberry sorbet to finish.

Reviewed 16 April 2017

If you're seeking an intimate dining experience, St. Martin's is worth a visit. My wife and I enjoy dining here when we want a relaxing dining experience. Live piano music plays in the background and the staff is friendly and attentive. The food is good and the "must try" dish is the brie and champagne soup.

Pros:
- Friendly, inviting, and relaxing
- Food is good but not 5 star... except for the brie soup

Cons:
- Limited parking. Be sure to use valet on corner next to San Francisco Rose

Reviewed 3 April 2017

The restaurant is warm and inviting. I had the steak Diane which was one of the best I have ever had, my wife loved her veal. Nice selection of wines by the glass. My only complaint was that the service was rushed, which is not normal in French restaurants. My appetizer arrived before my cocktail. They served my wife's salad before she was half done with her appetizer and the entree arrived before she was finished with the salad. The restaurant was less than half full. If not for the rushed service, it would have been a 5.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

My wife and I entertained two friends at the restaurant this week. We have been looking for interesting places to take visitors and found this one which had very good reviews. Our expectations were met and even exceeded. The service was excellent, the wine list extensive and the menu full of interesting items. The specials were very nice and we all had something from the special menu. The piano music was wonderful and didn't interfer with our conversations. I would give Saint Martin's a 4.5 if I could.