“Fairly Good Indian Food”
Review of The Saffron House

The Saffron House
Ranked #989 of 4,084 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: USD 10 - USD 25
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

My father and I went here for dinner.

The decor of the restaurant was exquisite. The bronze freize upon the wall is something of a spectacle.

The service staff were nice enough.

We ordered the samosas which were wonderfully crispy and spicy but the largest I've ever seen.

My dad ordered chicken marinated in tandoori spices. It definitely brought some heat.

I ordered the bairan bagra, which was an eggplant specialty. It tasted very good. Unfortunately it was too fatty and upset my stomach.

The naan here is perfect. As were the desserts we ordered. We had the gulab jamun and the kulfi. My only issue was that the portion of dessert that you get for $4 to $5 wasn't nearly enough.

My only other issue was that their water tasted strongly of metal.

In terms of value, the prices are a little higher than at other places, but I was not too surprised considering it's located in a more upscale area of Addison.

Reviewed 22 June 2016

We went for the lunch buffet on the weekend and it was pretty quiet around 2pm. A few tables filled up as we were eating. I don't know why it was so quiet given that their buffet was great! Plenty of vegetarian and non-vegetarian options available. They serve fresh naan to your table with the buffet. They also have a few appetizer options- we really liked the samosa chaat! For dessert they had gulab jamun which were okay and kheer which was great! It is a little pricey compared to other Indian lunch buffets but we really enjoyed it and recommend trying it out!

Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

I was desperate to have Indian food and searched on tripadvisor and found out this restaurant .The ambiance is good food is also very decent and taste. They saw and asked us about the spice level,as we look Indian lol.
Champagne was served at right temperature and service is fast as it was almost empty .

Reviewed 17 March 2016

We went there for dinner and loved the achari chicken kebabs , the saag paneer and the pindi cholle were both excellent. The Garlic and Onion naan's were flaky and tasty.
The papdi chaat was a bit too watery with the chutneys and the yogurt. They need to make it a bit dryer. The butter chicken was excellent. the tandoori chicken kebabs were a bit sweet.

Reviewed 29 February 2016 via mobile

Great food! The Tikki Masala was amazing! Coconut curry was also great. Great service! The decor in the restaurant was nice. Parking can be a little difficult on a weekend night.