“Hidden Gem”

Dakota's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Dakota's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 3,953 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: USD 31 - USD 50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown Dallas
Cross street: San Jacinto
Description: We believe the best steaks come from the best cut and quality. That's why we get all of our beef fresh from renowned beef purveyors, Allen Brothers. Each cut is corn and grain fed USDA Prime steak that our chef handpicks. Each steak is aged for a minimum of 28 days for a perfectly tender, juicy bite every time. It is our goal to give you a great meal every time you join us for lunch or dinner. We update our menu twice a year so each time you dine with us you experience fresh flavors that go with every season.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Not what you would expect. The restaurant is underground. When you get to the address all you will find is a sign and canopy. Underneath the canopy you will find a elevator door. Take the elevator down to the front door to the restaurant. We choose this restaurant from checking Trip Advisor. We wanted to have a unique dinning experience while in Dallas.This is what we found at Dakota's. The atmosphere was great. But the food and service was extraordinary. Our waitress was Melrose and she was awesome. She took extra time out to explain the menu and answer any questions we had. She was very helpful in helping my wife and I make our choices for dinner. Her super smile and pleasant personality really made our dining experience special.Everything about the restaurant was special all the way down to the candles.But Melrose made us fell special and she pushed our experience over the top. The steaks were very tender and well prepared. The general manager Chris Farber made sure we were satisfied with our meal. First trip to Dallas if we ever go back we will want to visit Dakota's. Highly recommend

1  Thank 7Terry7

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

We have a great experience here the food was great as well as the customer service. We were sat quickly and the food came out quickly

Reviewed 21 March 2018

It is difficult to find a bad steak in Dallas, but I did. My eight once filet was so bad I could not even finish it. Same with the scalloped potatoes. The only thing that saved my $100 meal was a slice of coconut cream pie. For the price point, there are many, many better choices in Dallas, and they are not difficult to find.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We were in Dallas for a week and this was the best restaurant that we experienced. From the cool street level elevator to the decor, this place is top class. The decor is classic steakhouse. The live piano player adds another touch of elegance. The staff was excellent. I had the best ribeye that I’ve ever tasted. My wife said the same of the scallops. We had a side of mushrooms which were superb. We will be back the next time we are in Dallas.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I decided to take our 12-year-old son because he loves steak, and he loved it. We started with a crab cake appetizer, which was delectable. My son ordered the filet mignon and thought it was the best steak he'd ever eaten. My husband and I decided to be rebellious and order seafood at a steakhouse. He had the Alaskan crab legs, and I had the Chilean sea bass. The sides were giant portions, so the waiter advised us to order one side per person and share them. We split mushrooms, cauliflower melange, and french fries. We didn't order wine, but I had craft beer, and my husband had mixed drinks, which he said were strong. None of us had room for dessert. It was excellent food and excellent service, and a wonderful night out in Dallas.

Been to Dakota's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!