“Worth finding in Dallas”

Avila's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #129 of 3,714 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Neighbourhood: Northwest Dallas-love Field
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I flew into DFW and on my drive to East Texas I couldn't help but to try the restaurant I just saw featured on Diners Drive-ins and Dives. I love that on a daily basis you can have food that most Mexican restaurants only have on their menus on weekends and holidays e.g. tamales and pozole – both of which were fantastic. I also had a gordita, which was SOOOO greasy and delicious. I generally do not eat pork and don’t eat food fried in oil. For good TexMex, though, you have to be willing to eat a high calorie meal and spend an extra 15 minutes on the treadmill later on. I was in and out of the restaurant in 20 minutes and thoroughly satisfied. I go back to TX for work this week and I will definitely stop by to try what I didn’t get to have my first visit – pechuga de pollo.

1  Thank ICUHEN

Reviewed 28 February 2012

Avila's is the cutest little restaurant! But the food and service is what makes it 5 star! The food is fresh and authentic, and they have a nice selection to choose from. Must trys: The tamales, brisket taco, and the queso! The service is fast and friendly. We never got low on drinks or chips and salsa. If your ever in Texas don't miss trying this place!

2  Thank Chonie J
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I saw this place mentioned on Diner's, Drive-in's, and Dive's and it did not disappoint. A little hard to recognize as it is located in a revamped duplex, but the food is terrific. Friendly service, great atmosphere, and fantastic food.
I would suggest the Chili Relleno
Poblano pepper stuffed to order served with ranchero sauce and Monterrey cheese, pico de
gallo – cheese; beef or chicken; brisket

4  Thank Carylumley
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Avila's is one of those places where you take visitors to get a taste of great Mexican food. Most of the customers are long time El Pasoans...mostly "Gringos"...who have been frequenting this restaurant since childhood! All the entres are tasty, but you must try the delicious "chile con queso" as an appetizer! And you will love the complimentary "sopaipilla" for dessert!

Reviewed 1 February 2012

Excellent selection, wonderful flavour, great prices.... the perfect choice for great Mexican food without the usual "ambiance" hype. Simply put, the best in El Paso!