“It's different and really enjoyable”
Review of Hotel ZaZa Dallas

Hotel ZaZa Dallas
Ranked #3 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
Melbourne, Australia
“It's different and really enjoyable”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

On entering this hotel, you are instantly struck by the difference to other more "corporate" hotels. The look and feel is a little eccentric and the service from the staff is excellent. The rooms are very large and there are special themed rooms for selection if you so desire. Even though I used this hotel on abusiness trip it was refreshing to experience a hotel with a real difference without having to pay ridiculous prices. Its reasonably priced and well located in uptown Dallas.

Room Tip: Call ahead and discuss room selection with the reception staff, they will help get the best for you
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am happy you found ZaZa Dallas a refreshing experience with excellent service from the Za staff! We love ya at ZaZa!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Booked in to ZaZa Dallas hotel and wanted to change reservation to upgrade to a room with two beds. Called Dallas location direct and was placed on hold. After being put on hold 3 times front desk said that because the reservation was done through a corporate resv agent they would have to transfer me to main reservations. Main reservations put me on hold and when they came back on said that because the reservation was done through Dallas they would have to transfer me to Dallas in-house reservations. Dallas in-house reservations put me on hold and when they came back on said there was no one there to help me and could I please call back. When I questioned that they transferred me to...the Houston location.

Houston put me on hold and when they came back on the line said they could not help because the reservations was for Dallas. They transferred me back to Dallas and I was, in keeping wiht tradition at this point, placed on hold. When someone finally picked up I started to state what I needed. They interrupted to ask if I could please be placed on hold and before I could say anything I was disconnected. This is 25 minutes out of my life I can not get back....all for trying to upgrade and actually spend more money on a room at the ZaZa Dallas. Just to bring closure I called the General Maanger's office to complain about the service...but no one answered and, as I should ahve expected at thsi point, I got to leave a voice mail.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Kim F
london
Reviewed 21 March 2012

The hotel has nice sized rooms, and is well decorated. The vibe is quite cool, although the bar was very quite whilst i was in town. The service is way below average, probably some of the worst i have seen in america for a 5 star hotel..so dont stay here for the service!
If you are going as a couple it is good for a weekend of loving..as a business traveller, hotel just felt a bit seedy and i was worried what germs were about in the room..as you know some filthy things have happened there due to the provided sex kits!
in all i was a little disappointed by this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We took a weekend trip to Dallas and chose the Hotel Zaza base on a friends recommendation. We loved the hotel and the rooms were great. All was fine until we went to dinner nearby. When we returned to the hotel we were greeted by a 20 minute wait to valet. We then had dance music going until 2am. Luckily we hooked up the iPod and had an ambient noise app. If they are going to charge 300 plus for rooms try either need to get better windows or move their club. Please note im not a cranky old man. We like Bars and our in our ealr 30s. This was really loud. Other than that it was a great stay. The bar was great and the staff was very attentive.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Steve1858
OKLAHOMA
Reviewed 10 March 2012

words to describe: classy, entertaining atmosphere,upscale,nice staff, let me say this i felt very welcomed, this is a young people type of Hotel I would say, (and by the way I'm 55) its great for a weekend get away, and go shopping, or just hang out around the area, there's plenty to pick from on eating out and coffee shops, and the such, and night life looks to be abundant, so Pick this one and you cant' go wrong, you will walk away smiling at your experience. or should i say drive away! OH OH and the Restaurant-WOW! don't miss it for sure.
p.s. girls make sure to bring your most hottest dress's and heels of the cutest kind, because that what all were wearing!

Room Tip: be prepared for party people coming in all hours of the night they were kinda loud, but who could b...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
BConder, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Dallas, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Love the descriptors you listed in reference to the ZaZa! I am glad to read that you felt welcome at the hotel, as the ZaZa's goal is to provide an eclectic experience for people of every age! Please let me know when your travels return you to Dallas, as I would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you!