“Really good, offbeat tacos”
Review of Velvet Taco

Velvet Taco
Ranked #8 of 4,084 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Lots of new taco stands have been popping up, but this one is different. Where else can you get a chicken tikka or hamburger taco? Nice place to sit outside in good weather.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I make a Velvet Taco run every time I travel to Dallas for business or pleasure.
I've had most of the tacos on the menu but have landed on the brisket taco (#12) as my go to taco. Incredible!!! Also love the queso and chips. The red velvet cake is great. Add a margarita or cold beer.....fantastic dinner.
The vibe is cool and the prices are very reasonable. Service is great.
Chris always takes care of us - - - thanks Chris!!!
Two recommendations to corporate:
#1 Figure out how we can tip the staff using our credit cards. The service is typically great but we don't always carry cash.
#2 Get a store opened in St. Louis in the near term.
Great job Velvet Taco....love everything about this place!!!

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I don't know what the exact terminology is, but this isn't a traditional taco joint. Maybe a hipster taco restaurant? But not in a bad way at all. They have some absolutely amazing tacos with really unique combinations and flavors. The best in my opinion is the paneer taco, it's vegetarian and still easily one of the most delicious meals I've ever had. My only disappointment is that they stopped selling their garlic potatoes. I've literally never tasted anything as delicious as these potatoes. Their elotes and tater tots are great, but those sides have NOTHING on those damn potatoes. Skip the red velvet cake, it's mediocre compared to the flavor packed meal that will precede it.

1  Thank Courtney S
Reviewed 5 September 2017

The line was out the door but worth the short wait.
The tacos were fabulous and there is a good selection of other dishes.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

We stopped by for late dinner on Saturday. Fun vibe and a long line so I expected greatness. We ordered 2 chicken tika, pork, steak, and a tuna poke(#s 3, 8, 12, and 17. First of all, I live in Texas and am offended by store bought tortillas. The chicken tacos had a nice flavor but were barely warm. The steak taco was very tasty. The pork was dry. I love seaweed salad but the seaweed salad on the tuna poke taco was disgusting. I'm not a big fan of frozen drinks but the margaritas were decent. The parking is insufficient. We waited in line for 25 minutes and another 15ish for the food. Very disappointing. We really wanted to love this place.