“No longer ooen”
Review of The Sushi Bar - CLOSED

The Sushi Bar
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

This site now houses a sketchy looking Mexican restaurant called Rio Bravo. The Clarion Hotel is also gone. Now there’s a sketchy looking place called Gateway Hotel.

Reviewed 16 July 2016

Real fresh and excellent flavor. Staff was really friendly and very helpful explaining things. Food was well prepared. Thank you

Reviewed 13 September 2012

I love sushie and this place had really good and fresh sushie I lovedthere california sushie my kids loved eating there and ask me to take them backa again I really recommened this place you get treated very good by thestaff there.

Reviewed 10 December 2011

The Sushi Bar has moved to a strip center at Preston Road and Summerside in far north Dallas. The food was great on a recent visit, extremely fresh and well presented. We especially enjoyed the Yellowtail sashimi and Aki Tuna Tower. The shrimp potsticker and Sunday Roll (tempura shrimp) were also excellent. We ate too much, and then finished with fried green tea ice cream presentation. Prices are inline with other sushi restaurants- this place is a real find! Strongly recommended.

Reviewed 29 May 2010

Utterly fantastic. I like to use simple rolls as a test of whether or not more complex sushi will be edible. This place does simple rolls perfectly, and correctly. My avocado rolls were perfect with fresh, ripe avocado and rice/sesame seeds on the outside. The rolls were so tight I could actually press ginger down inside of them and they did not fall apart. Normally I don't attempt that as most will fall apart. These stayed together when I picked them up with chopsticks as well.

The atmosphere and staff are awesome and I highly recommend this place to anyone who enjoys good quality sushi - best I've had since I moved away from Vancouver BC.