“DFW Overnight?”

Grand Hyatt DFW
Ranked #2 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 May 2012

First rate lodgings at DFW! Easy check in, lovely comfortable rooms and baggage service to Terminal D. Everything one could wish for at DFW for a visiting traveler or an early am flight overnight stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank vinomon
There are newer reviews for Grand Hyatt DFW

Reviewed 24 May 2012

When I booked this hotel, I kept my expectation low. After all, all I need is place to crash for 14 hours before my flight to Seoul. I wen to lobby and did express check in ( 1 minute total) and went to my room (521) Upon entering my room, I was very surprised, the room was brand new! the automatic sheer and shade is very nice touch, so is the couch near the window. This property is excellent even compare to some of the airport hotel in Asia. The low down of this hotel is the fact that you have no option in dining. The wiki said that we can access shops inside secure area, but that was not the case when I was there, I ended up eating at the lounge at the lobby hotel which was not bad at all. The hotel has three dining option: Sushi bar, coffee shop and the lounge, the food quality were very good. I ended up eating dinner and drinking beer at the lounge while watching baseball. Checking out took 1 minute and from my room to my gate took only 7 minutes since the terminal D gate were not very pack compare to domestic terminal. All in all, it was very pleasant stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: My room was 521, facing west (terminal C,E and Hyatt DFW) Next time I will request room facing East...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank suami_intan
GrandHyattDFW, General Manager at Grand Hyatt DFW, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Thank you so much for your high praise. We are pleased to read that we were able to exceed your expectations. I apologize for any inconvenience caused in not being able to access the secure side of the terminal, but I am glad you enjoyed your dining experience at the hotel.

Safe Travels!
Lance Marrin

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Booked here to avoid the day of travel stresses, and boy did it work! The check in was quick but informative, and the bellhop was even more so informative! The restaurant was amazing, with portions too big to eat! My wife and I both could not finish our meals, which is very good thing! The breakfast we had brought up to the room the next morning was also top shelf, and reasonably priced! We were given priority security passes just for staying there too which also helped to cut down on wait time! This was one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had!

Room Tip: Don't worry, the rooms are very quiet!!! Best hotel room I personally have stayed in.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2012

With a 5:45 AM flight, we decided to spend the night at the Grand Hyatt. Since this is a business hotel predominately, the weekend rates are reasonable. The hotel is quite nice, the rooms are very large and the bathrooms pretty luxurious (for an airport hotel - very luxurious). This is very convenient as you simply take the escalator to the main terminal floor and are right at a security checkpoint.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Most DFW locals don't think of driving to the airport for dinner but might need to consider this option...my husband and I "accidentally" had dinner at the Grand Hyatt's Grand Met (located in DFW's interenational terminal) and were really impressed! Ambiance is soft, calming, aromatic, and overall a place where you will want to stay and sip your exotic cocktail or glass of French wine. There are four distinct areas within the restaurant space: cocktail lounge, sushi bar, coffee/walk-up cafe, and restaurant/table seating. We dined in the restaurant. Portions were a bit small but the flavors, textures, and presentation werer world-class! Our waiter was amazing - professional, kind, always watching... Hands-down the best sea bass I have ever had (even better than Old Warsaw or the Oceanairre). This should be your next date-night destination.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
GrandHyattDFW, General Manager at Grand Hyatt DFW, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Thank you so much for posting this review of the Grand Met restaurant. It's a bit of a hidden gem. We appreciate your compliments, and I have passed them along to our staff. We look foward to welcoming you and your husband back soon.

Cheers,