“Great beer selection/unique bar”
Review of The Ginger Man

The Ginger Man
Ranked #294 of 3,982 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: USD 10 - USD 15
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Uptown
Reviewed 16 January 2018

The Ginger Man is a very cool unique bar... Downstairs they had a packed house with live music, and upstairs was standing room only but had seating upstairs... Would definitely recommend this bar for a beer!

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stumbled upon this place and we couldn’t have asked for a better spot. The atmosphere was laid back and we were able to sit in our booth and enjoy our beer and carry on a conversation without screaming at eachother which is usually the case at other bars. there was a jukebox we picked and played our favorite music from. The staff was friendly and gave their recommendations for some new beers that we absolutely loved. I love craft beer and this was a great place to get them! This is a must try place!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Ok, so I may be a little biased because I'm from Dallas, Texas but this is by far my favorite bar in the Uptown area. On the right day of the week and the right time of year, you will avoid the the SMU undergrad crowd (if you're in an older age bracket such as myself) but overall, this place is always chill. The establishment seems to be in an old lodge-type house making it feel super cozy and inviting. The don't play the music too loud, the outdoor beer garden is roomy with plenty of seats (long tables to share with strangers or more intimate four tops) and there are two levels inside. Upstairs there are some comfy couches and more outdoor seating on the balcony. Basically, you can always find a place to sit and get comfortable at The Ginger Man. During the week, you can always find a spot at the bar and you've got your pick of almost any beer. Their selection is pretty darn great! It's a staple on bar food menus throughout the city, but their Spinach and Artichoke dip is quite tasty and I love that they serve it with a piping hot roll instead of chips. On weekends it can get loud and rambunctious (students or not) and I think this is also when they mostly have live bands playing out back. I've been going to the Ginger Man for years! I cannot recommend it enough. You should make it your home bar!

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Spent a great night here. Great beer, great food, great people. Huge selection of beer and quality food and the staff are great

Reviewed 29 June 2016

A great bar in Uptown Dallas, superb choice of Beers and lovely bar snacks, Atmosphere was great too, friendly, chilled!!