Super 8 by Wyndham Dallas East
USD 144
USD 134
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 168/night.

USD 143
USD 129
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 152/night.

USD 125
USD 114
MagnoliaHotels.com
Omni Dallas Hotel(Dallas)
USD 212
USD 195
Omni Hotels
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 258/night.

USD 207
USD 140
USD 233
USD 214
Hyatt Regency Dallas(Dallas)
USD 226
USD 195
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 229/night.

USD 170
USD 166
MagnoliaHotels.com
USD 105
USD 96
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 October 2012

So so room and the young men there truly were polite (that was the best part) - luke warm water in the bathroom - no stopper in the tub. the internet did not work 3/4 of the time we were there - we had to get our room keys re-programmed EVERY time we tried to re-enter our room (and we HAD kept them away from magnetic fields). We even had to ask them to make coffee each morning and then wait 20 to come back and find out that it would be another 20 minutes.The list could go on and on and on!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed 10 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed 30 September 2012

My husband and I booked this room for 2 nights in advance because the location seemed good and the price was right. We weren't expecting anything fancy, just bare bones but safe and comfortable. Believe me when I say we are low maintenance and it would take A LOT of horror to turn us away from a hotel. Let me also just preface this review by letting you know that the two nights before we checked into this place we stayed on the Ft. Worth side of town in another Super 8 which was really wonderful so I really had a side by side comparison! We arrived late on a Thursday afternoon and were horrified when we pulled up to find that the location was seedy at best and the placed looked absolutely nothing like the pictures posted on any of the websites we'd visited prior to booking. When I went to check in, the lobby was practically empty and a young and very uninterested (aka not very customer service oriented) kid was behind the desk listening to his Ipod. While I was waiting for him to notice me, a homeless man came by and started digging thru the garbage can! That should have been our first clue but still we checked in and made the trek up to the second floor (outside and stairs only, no elevator). The second thing that turned us off about this location was that all of the rooms were accessed outside and a lot of unsavory type people were hanging around the walkways and in rooms with the doors open. It looked like a halfway house parking lot party rather than a Super 8 (trust me when I say this because I live in another big city and this had to be bad to scare me). Once inside we noticed that the room had nothing on the walls to cover the 20 year old paint, the carpet was ripped and stained, the bathroom was absolutely filthy, the desk chair was covered in stains, there was no comforter or fitted sheet on the bed nor was there a microwave or refrigerator as described on the website. We also couldn't seem to locate the WiFi they promised. We sat down for a minute than realized there were probably bed bugs and jumped up and I immediately called down to the desk realizing I couldn't deal with this place and wanted to cancel and leave but it just rang and rang and no one answered. We quickly decided we had to go because not only was I uncomfortable staying there but I couldn't shake the feeling someone was going to steal our rental car downstairs! So I got on the phone with the corporate Customer Service for Super 8 and explained to them how disgusting and horrible the whole thing was and that I wanted my money back and I wanted to go to another hotel. They told me to go down to the lobby and explain the situation to them and that if I had any problems to call them back directly and file a complaint. So I went down with my husband to find that at about 6pm they had already locked all the doors (not a good sign) and the reason I couldn't' get thru on the desk phone was because the kid was back on the Ipod. When we finally got his attention ringing the bell and banging on the door, I explained to that I wanted a refund and the place was the most disgusting thing I'd ever seen. Needless to say he didn't look surprised AT ALL, which is pretty sad. He then argued with me and I explained that I'd already spoken with the corporate office and he was going to refund me and I was leaving. Then he went in the back room and started making phone calls. Finally he asked what was wrong with the room and when I started rattling things off he grabbed a key and started walking out of the lobby. My husband called after him and asked where he was going. He looked at us blankly then we finally realized he was going to check the room. Well this really set me off and I started barreling after him telling him he couldn't just enter the room with our personal belongings without clearing it with us first and that it really didn't matter what he found because he was refunding me and I was leaving. So of course we had to follow him up and point everything out (which he didn't have a single comment on nor did he seem very concerned) but he finally just said bring your stuff down. So he ran out and we lugged our stuff back down to the lobby where again the door was locked. At this point I noticed what appeared to be the owners quarters behind the office where an entire family was sitting so for the life of me I cannot figure out why the kid spent the entire time on the phone instead of getting the owner out there to deal with me directly. Finally after much argument, where he wrote cancel on all of our paperwork and told me that the had only pre-authorized my credit card so I'd see it fall off in a few days. This just happened so I'll be watching my card like a hawk the next day or two to see if I'll need to involve Super 8 corporate again or my credit card company to get this straightened out. I just couldn't wait to post a review that might keep someone else from making the same mistake I did because it was that bad! We ran out so fast we didn't take any pictures but I really wish we had because you'd have to see it to believe it.The next day we drove by the place again and this time there were cop cars out front so I'm really glad we went with our gut and got out. I don't believe for a second that the pictures posted on these websites aren't either 20 years old or doctored and I also don't believe for a second that any review higher than a 1 isn't planted. I can't believe that Super 8 hasn't closed this place down and lets them keep their name. All I can say is DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE! There are plenty of other nice Super 8's in the area for the same price. We left this one and went to another one about 5 miles away that was the same price and a world of difference!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelinCowgrl
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Booked this place several months in advance, to stay for a week, because me, my boyfriend, and my friend, were attending an Anime Convention(A-Kon 23) several miles away. Checking in, we were told we couldn't split payments between cash and a credit card, it had to be one or the other. When we got to the room, it was really hot, we turned on the air only to discover that the A/C didn't work. It's Texas, in the middle of summer. . . you kind of need that to work.

We made the front desk aware of the situation the next morning, and they quickly assigned us another room for the rest of the week, we just had to wait until the person in the room they were moving us to checked out. Then when they finally gave us the key to the new room, the last guest items were still in the room. Oops. So we had to wait several more hours.

The service was okay, the maid assigned to our room for the week was nice, but hardly spoke English, which made communicating a bit difficult and a bit embarrassing. She knocked on the door, we yelled out, 'No, thank you' and she still came into the room.

Honestly, I thought 'No' meant the same in English as it did in Spanish.

Next would have to be the keycards. They knew we were staying a week, so our first keycard was set up to work for the week, but when they moved us to a different room, they only set it up to work for a day. So for several days, we had to go to the front desk and get our keycard reassigned to our room, so we could actually get inside. I can understand them forget the first day after the room change, but the second day? The third day? It was getting really old really quick.

Now, about the location. . . where it's set up, you can't get to it immediately, you have to drive AWAY from the hotel, since it's down a one way street, you can't go down, even though it's right there next to you. You have to go ALL the way around, pass it, and then come back down to actually get into the entrance. But Denny's and McDonald's are within walking distance. So that was nice.

And speaking of food, their Continental breakfast. . . their sign clearly stated it was from 6am to 11am or something like that. I went at 9am, there was no breakfast. We were quite disappointed and ended up going to Denny's again.

Overall, the price was nice for a week's stay, but with all the little incidents, if I had to stay in this area again, I would choose to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends