Before enjoying the inside of the Texas School Book Depository it is important to recall some history details:
1. President and Mrs. Kennedy had landed at Dallas Love Field and proceeded on the motorcade in the Presidential Limo.
2. It was a 1961 open top 4 door Lincoln Convertible.
3. JFK's car approached intersection of Houston and Elm Streets.
4. At the extreme west end of Main Street the motorcade turned right right on Houston Street and proceeded north for one block in order to make a left turn on Elm Street.
5. Presidential Assassin knew that the Limo would slow down and waited and took this advantage.
6. He was waiting in the Sniper's Nest on the 6th Floor with an Italian manual bolt action rifle with a telescopic sight.
7. Now look and note the first X on Elm Street
8. The first X represents the first shot (non lethal) or the neck wound.
9. Look a few more yards and note the second X or the fatal head wound.
10. Look up at the 6th Floor window where the Sniper shot the fatal wound.
11. The U.S. Secret Service now does not allow the President to ride in an open air limo.
12. Also the President's route is not published.
14. After the assassination agents switched to 357 S&W Model 19 to put down an assailant quickly.
15. Then they switched to the side arm Sig Sauer p229 semi auto.
16. Please note and realize that the Assassination site is still preserved as it was that fateful day.
17. Now take a few moments to reflect history and you are ready to go inside the Depository.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.