“Had not driven thru Comanche for several years”

Miguel's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Comanche
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Description: We are located on the main street in Comanche. We are a totally smoke free restaurant. We have a tipi out front with lifesize Indians inside. People may ask why, but we are the Home of the Comanche Indians. We specialize in the flavors of the southwest along with homemade american food. We take pride in our food and our excellent service. We have been in business 26.years and hope to see you !
Reviewed 9 November 2017

We had eaten at Miguel's on previous trips thru Comanche, but had not driven thru Comanche for several years.
My wife and I shared the large plate of nachos, which were as good as any nachos we have had. The nachos are topped with grated sharp cheese rather than the typical melted queso used in most other restaurants. That sharp cheese really made a great difference in the flavor.
Some of the decorations appeal to those of us who have been described as deplorables:
In one corner near the restrooms there is a framed metal print with vintage photograph of 4 Native Americans holding lever action rifles. The top of the print read: "Surrender your Weapons" and the bottom line was "The Government Will Take Care of You"

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Went there for lunch with client. For a small town it was about what you would expect. The chips and salsa were good. Wait staff was nice and on target, however the hostess tried to sit four large men on a table top for four small women?? Not sure what she was thinking. Food quality was average, tortillas where store bought and not hand made. Texas cardinal sin in TexMex.

nickthechick1956, Owner at Miguel's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

I appreciate your business. I'm always happy to please my customers. I'm sorry you did not feel your table was large enough for you. If you had made a request I'm sure we could have moved you to a table that suited you better. As far as store bought tortillas I welcome you to speak to Juana in the kitchen. She makes my homemade flour tortillas. In fact, if you go to my face book page you will see a video of her making them fresh everyday. Thank you and please come back anytime as we aim to please.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

My wife and I shared a single order of Fajitas and a small side salad and it was all we needed for dinner. The chicken and steak were very good as well as the tortilla's. Great Mexican food in Texas.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Finding good restaurants in a new town or area is always a challenge. We almost didn't try Miguel's because of the bad ratings. But I read the actual reviews and most were about decor. Don't listen to the people who don't like the decor, the food here is great. Big portions, variety, great taste & great service. We'll be returning for sure!

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is decorated really cute on the inside. It was extremely hot outside but they keep the inside nice and cool. The food was good, my favorite was the salsa and queso.