“Great Little Burger Joint almost in the middle of Nowhere”
Review of Pirate Island

Pirate Island
Cuisines: American
Description: Ph # 903-429-3631
Description: Ph # 903-429-3631
Reviewed 16 July 2015

I've been on a kick to visit "Burger Joints" lately - and boy does this one qualify! :-) Pirate Island is located in the little town of Collinsville, Texas, and it is just shy of a one hour motorcycle ride from my house. All of those things make it perfect for those summer evenings, when two wheels are calling!

The front of the restaurant is a video rental place. I don't know why, but "Video Rental AND" almost anything cracks me up! But, keep going toward the back, and you'll find a really cool burger joint - complete with wall to wall memorabilia - such as old photos, records, neon, and a few hub caps here and there. I could spend the better part of an hour just checking out the stuff on the wall.

Oh, and they sell pizza, too!

Anyway, we happened to go there on a Friday evening. The special for the day was a cheeseburger WITH fries or chips AND a soda or float - all for about six bucks! The two young folks who were working could not possibly have been any more friendly or helpful. Our waitress let us know that we really did not want to miss the "float" - and, MAN - she was right! :-) A frosted mug, a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream, and an ice cold Coke from the old style returnable bottle! I can't remember the last time I had a float, but it made my wonder why it had been so long!

Oh, and the burger and fries were good, too! :-)

So, the next time you are out and about in that neck of the woods - or you want a REASON to go out and about in that neck of the woods, stop by Pirate Island. It's a neat experience. Just as a point of reference, it is on Main Street in Collinsville, which is about two blocks off of TX-377 - if you don't get off the main road, you will zoom right on by and never know that you missed it.

Reviewed 9 July 2015

Good food but very small portions. My husband left there still hungry after his meal. The pizza is good also, but we preferred the specials.

Reviewed 26 April 2015

Sometimes you just don't expect much in smaller town restaurants, and your whole attitude is "How bad can it be?" But this place is incredible, stopped to meet someone there and ordered a quick cheeseburger and fries, and they were awesome. The burger was juicy and delicious, and the fries were to die for, I don't know how they prepare them, but they are probably the best I've come across. Typically fries are fries, but here they are incredible. We'll be back!

1  Thank HorseFlicks
Reviewed 31 January 2015

We love to head out of town and fine some place that is unusual in a small town and headed back up at Pirates Isand in Collinsville, Texas. Some people would refer to these type restaurants as a definite "hole in the wall". Upon entering the restaurant you will find a video rental store complete with DVDs for rent plus there are three tabels for restaurant seating. Then just beyond this area is a larger dining room that will seat about 50 people, thus this is a small place. The walls are decorated with photos of old cars as this restaurant is the sponcer of an old car event annualy in Collinsville. We looked at the special for the day and that was a hamburger or cheeseburger with fries or chips plus a drink of your choice including an ice cream float , all for $6.49. This was a great deal.They have only one rest room however it was very clean.Great chance to see where the locals eat as the place was full when we entered and full when we left. Parking is on the street out front.The hamburger were thick and cooked juts right. The bun was loaded with tomatoes, lettuce and onions.
We will no doubt be back. I give this apkce five stars because it may very well be the best place in Collinsville to eat. It would naturally not be five stars if it were located in downtown Manhatten, thus the rating must be kept in the proper perspective.

1  Thank texaswillie
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Root Beer, Coca-Cola, or Dr. Pepper floats made with real "sugar" beverages are always a must. Pizzas are excellent. Owners treat you like family!

1  Thank fkelland