“Shower was not working. Staff was NOT helpful”

Manor Inn College Station
Ranked #31 of 38 Hotels in College Station
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Room was nice, but tub spout flew off when my daughter turned on the shower. Went to front desk with part in hand at around 11:45PM. Requested someone fix the shower or let us use another room to shower. We had already unpacked. Was told there were no other rooms near ours and I would have to wait for the manager who was not on-site. I went to truck got a marker cap and duct tape and patched the problem so everyone could shower. Front desk called at 12:30AM and offered to relocate us to another room. I said we were in bed already. She said the manager would take care of us in the morning. They called back at 1:15 AM offering to come fix it. I told them we were asleep. Next morning no manager was available. Said they would call me later. Never did. I called them and was told that I refused their help at 1:15 in the morning, therefore they were not going to discount my stay for the trouble I had to go thru for a shower. Beware; you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Check all plumbing fixtures before unpacking and bring duct tape just in case.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Stayed for one night. Room was adequate with two beds and a somewhat small bathroom. Microwave and small refrigerator provided. Very friendly and professional staff, adequate parking. Clean and comfortable. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Noise from the pool was somewhat loud since I was nearby but did not last all night. Get a room away...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Samuel S
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I stay here several times a year and things are improving. The owner and his family live on site and are very helpful when things go wrong, which happens here a little to often. Usually they say they are short handed or the staff is not performing their duties correctly. Whatever!!!

Management/owner should personally inspect each room each day and proactively fix things instead of relying on customers reporting problems.

Breakfast is a joke. All bread and sugar with no protein.

Still a good reasonably priced place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Hot_Laps
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We ate breakfast at The Kettle Restaurant on Texas Avenue in College Station with my Aggie Son and decided to walk over and check out the Manor Inn. The front desk staff, Ally, was so friendly. The lobby was so clean and beautiful...we got a fantastic overnight rate...so we checked in for one night. The pillowtop mattress, the gorgeous newly remodeled room was so beautiful and clean...we extended for another night. The complimentary breakfast was delicious...staff became like family...pool was clean and refreshing...now I do not want to even go home! Great place to stay in Aggieland for a very inexpensive price... a precious hidden jewel in College Station!
I will stay here from now on when I visit my son and my niece at Texas A@M!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 119 facing the sunset...gorgeous...newly remodeled..near the pool...parking at our...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank sandy b
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I stayed there for graduation last month. I am glad with the service, the breakfast was ok too!!! Way more than I expected from the price. No big problems but with parking, but i think it was because it was packed. I prbly will be back again for summer graduation! :D

Room Tip: Ask for the inside rooms!! Parking, Convenience, and less noise from the neighbors!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends