“Great Food!”
Review of The Republic

The Republic
Reserve with OpenTable
The Republic is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: USD 25 - USD 60
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Great steak house with high end dishes. It is pricy, but the food and drinks are great. The service was great as well. Everyone enjoyed their meals and we had a large selection off the menu. The tuna tartar and fried calamari appetizers were really good. I loved the shrimp and grits.

If you would like an upscale dinner, definitely try it out.

They do require reservations and it is packed every night. The parking lot is tight, so consolidate cars.
AND it’s on a one way road that is not marked as you leave the restaurant, so make sure you turn left!

1  Thank R0BS411

Reviewed 13 October 2017

I have been to The Republic several times and I am also impressed with the quality of the food and the service. Everything I have ever ordered has been over the top. Tonight I tried the Chicken Fried Filet Mignon. Unbelievable!

1  Thank Bob L
Reviewed 25 September 2017

I was taken to the Republic for a business dinner and came away really impressed. I arrived early and decided to have a drink at the bar. The bartenders were very friendly and they have a number of local beers on draft. Once the rest of my party showed up, we were seated quickly and our server was on point for the entire evening.

I started with their take on the iceberg wedge, which was really good. The blue cheese was just the right level of funky and the bacon was crispy. For dinner, I had the short rib, which came horseradish cauliflower. The ribs melted on the fork and the cauliflower was the perfect balance of spicy and sweet.

For dessert, I got the 12 layer red velvet cake. It was good, but red velvet cake is never chocolaty for me ;).

It was really an outstanding dinner. I would be happy to go again.

1  Thank dctravel
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

We followed our college football team to College Station and dined here after the game. Great selection of mixed drinks from the menu. Our table ordered the ribeye steak, shrimp and grits, snapper, and chicken fried filet. The Brussels sprouts were the best vegetable. All entrees were excellent. Afterwards, we enjoyed the peanut butter mousse , red velvet, and Creme Brûlée. Would recommend and dine again.

1  Thank Traveledd_one
Reviewed 14 September 2017

One of the best (if not the best) steak I have ever had. Waitstaff is amazing and really care about their work and your experience! Very large collection of whisky/whiskey and specialty cocktails. I would highly recommend for anyone wanting a special night out, and any time you have more to spend on dinner

1  Thank Kimberley D