All reviews waffles stayed here nice stay university drive in town desk clerk high school the staff was friendly and helpful would definitely stay here again beds were comfortable students microwave pros cons
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying the location was great. However, when arriving to hotel immediately I thought “this doesn’t look good” The grass was overgrown, the appearance from outside looked sad but I thought “ too late we are already here” When we walked in we were greeted with a musty smell, warm humid air, a horrible smell in the elevator with sticky floors. My husband mentioned it to the staff and the girls response was “I’m the only one here” our room had dirty walls, bathroom hairdryer didn’t work (no biggie I could tolerate frizzy hair) but the worst part was finding a dirty, bloody bandaid in my sheets!! It was awful and so disgusting! My family was staying in the same hotel one floor above. As I was talking about the bandaid the next morning....they said oh yeah “we had a live roach crawling on our walls!” All in all I wouldn’t recommend staying at this location due to the lack of cleanliness and discomfort of smells and little critters :(

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank eoros
Reviewed 22 July 2018

We have stayed at this hotel twice now. The room is always clean and the beds are comfortable. There is a breakfast served with a variety of food. Our only complaint was the quality of the breakfast. Last time it was good. This time, the orange juice didn't taste fresh, it tasted old and more like it was mixed with grapefruit juice or something. The waffle batter was so thin that the waffle didn't form right in the griddle and kept sticking, even with the spray.

All in all it's still a great hotel. I just hope they work on their breakfast some.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2018

The pros, Rooms clean, service good. Cons, breakfast a bit cold considering we were first to eat early. Nice town and location. Was quiet for most of stay. Location convenient to university. We would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2018

We stayed at the hotel while in town for a college tour for our high school student.

We stopped into the hotel early, hoping it may be possible for an early check in. The desk attendant was polite and helpful. He had a room available and checked us in early.

The room was good, pretty much what you'd expect in this price range. The beds were comfortable.

The breakfast was nice. Again, it's what you've come to expect from breakfast bars in this price range. Nothing flashy but filling and tasty.

Overall, it was a good stay and I'd recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2017

The Hotel is set back from the road so it is very quiet back there. After a little mix-up with the type of room we wanted, we settled in. We like the mini-suites with the couch, frig, and microwave. The bed was comfortable and we were very happy with the stay which was free with our points with Choice Hotels. We liked the desk clerk too. Can't beat that.

Date of stay: October 2017