See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

I hate writing bad reviews, but this one needs to be done. I travel alot around Southwest Texas. I have stayed in Motel 6s before and this one was the worst. We got in the room and the air conditioner did not work well. It was around midnight when it finally started cooling. The room had four electrical outlets to which only two worked. The room did not have an iron or ironing board in it, much less a hair dryer. I do not feel the room was up to $155.00 per night standards. I stay in alot of hotels/motels and this one was not worth the money. On a positive note, the staff was ABSOLUTELY friendly.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 College Station - Bryan, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Ernest, Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred during your recent stay with regard to our rates and the inconveniences you experienced. Please know the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

I hadn't stayed in a Motel 6 for over 30 years and so I thought surely they must've been updated by now, right? Well, No, they haven't been. There's still mold in the bathroom. The vinyl fake wood floor was peeling in several places and this room was the smallest hotel room I've ever been in. The connecting door didn't fit well and we could hear almost every word from the next room, and they stayed up late. I was extremely disappointed and will never stay in a Motel 6 ever again. The only nice thing about this hotel was the lady at the front desk was nice.

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 College Station - Bryan, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dianne, Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay as a result of the inconveniences you experienced with the size of the room and the comfort of your bed during your recent stay. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Make sure if you plan to pay with credit that you have cash as back-up. If their internet goes down then their backup is CASH ONLY. You have to pay in advance for the room so have it on you or a way to pull out of the ATM. Rooms may be labeled non-smoking but they provide an ash tray with a non-smoking sign on the bottom. Funny. Rates are double to triple the rate on football weekends and other special events. This is for all hotels in the city. There ultimate reason for the low grade is the requirement to pay cash if the system is down and the fact the property lied about giving a discount for the inconvenience. The property also is in need of an update. With the inflated price they charge they need to reinvest in property. Lastly, hope there is never a fire because all the rooms I have stayed in have there smoke detectors removed.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Booked room well in advance of visit; a Special Olympics Baseball tournament. Miserable stay. A/C was poor at best, no room. One bed was up against a/c intake, other was hard against wall. One small chair that had no place to go. You either were on bed or stood. Three adults in room.

Back to a/c ... it was hot and humid outside. The unit did not remove any moisture and air circulation poor at best.

I did not expect the Hyatt; but, I did expect to be comfortable and not cramped. Won’t go back!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2017

The ladies at the front desk were very accommodating. The room was clean. There was no problems with or for our 3 <10# dogs. Grounds were well kept. Property seems somewhat older, but this did not affect our stay. For the activities we were there for, the location was excellent.

We were there for g'daughters' softball tournament. Dogs were not allowed at playing field. For our second day we tried to find a day spa, vet or other accommodations for dogs during game. Nothing worked out so we checked back into hotel so dogs could stay while we were at game. It all worked out, we got back into original room before it had been cleaned and that was fine for what we needed. I appreciate front office staff working with us on this.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family