“Good visit”

Sweet Eugene's House of Java
Description: Sweet Eugene's is a delicious marriage of an eclectic coffeehouse and bakery, an extension of one's home where everyone is family. Our friendly staff will prepare a sweet or savory crepe, sandwich, or cinnamon roll, and enjoy a rich Cafe Mocha to chase it all down. Nestle into a comfortable sofa and ponder intriguing art adorning the walls, or relax with a good book. Open early and late. In a hurry? Drive-thru's great. Life is sweet...taste for yourself!
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Our hotel didn’t include breakfast so we got to stop at Sweet Eugene’s. I went in thinking I’d get a crepe until I saw the apple fritters. The choice of pastries was huge. Coffee was served in a mug if you wished. I like that! Only one suggestion - wash the windows. Next time I will get a crepe!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Every time I go there are Bible thumpers preaching and attempting to convert people. If you don't need your soul saved, bring earbuds. Good ones.

Otherwise the food is good and the coffee better. Good seating but hard to find a quiet spot.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 21 August 2018

Sweet Eugene's is a very popular student hangout and for good reason - they serve up high test coffee in an eclectic setting with several rooms (many with private little corners) stuffed with old chairs, sofas and tables. It almost has a Mad Men-esque look and feel to it. I absolutely loved the apple fritter (which was warmed up) and there are plenty of other pastries on offer. We tried to order the crepe but after being told it would be 15-20 minutes we decided to take a pass - based on the other reviews this seems to be the achilles heel of Eugene's!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Sweet Eugene’s in College Station is great until you order more than one crepe! My daughter & I love going there for their crepes but you can only receive one crepe @ time. Being polite you wait for the other person to get their food which means your food is getting cold! Please buy another crepe maker so that we can eat @ the same time!

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Mally H
Reviewed 24 April 2018

In town for a conference, I needed a coffee shop to work on a few school assignments. This was a popular spot! Lots of seating - in little nooks and crannies. The made-in-house kolaches were fine, and the Sweet Eugene latte was a good choice.

If you're looking for a quiet spot, this is a good choice. Ninety-five percent of guests were quietly working on their laptops (like me). However, twice people sat down near me and had a conversation - which I found distracting. I'd come better prepared with headphones next time.

I would much rather visit a local coffee shop than hit a major chain. Shop local! And should I return to College Station in the future, I'll be certain to land here again for a couple of hours.

Date of visit: April 2018