“Quaint. Charming. Eclectic”

Sweet Eugene's House of Java
Description: Sweet Eugene's is a delicious marriage of an eclectic coffeehouse and bakery, an extension of one's home where everyone is family. Our friendly staff will prepare a sweet or savory crepe, sandwich, or cinnamon roll, and enjoy a rich Cafe Mocha to chase it all down. Nestle into a comfortable sofa and ponder intriguing art adorning the walls, or relax with a good book. Open early and late. In a hurry? Drive-thru's great. Life is sweet...taste for yourself!
Reviewed 24 April 2018

In town for a conference, I needed a coffee shop to work on a few school assignments. This was a popular spot! Lots of seating - in little nooks and crannies. The made-in-house kolaches were fine, and the Sweet Eugene latte was a good choice.

If you're looking for a quiet spot, this is a good choice. Ninety-five percent of guests were quietly working on their laptops (like me). However, twice people sat down near me and had a conversation - which I found distracting. I'd come better prepared with headphones next time.

I would much rather visit a local coffee shop than hit a major chain. Shop local! And should I return to College Station in the future, I'll be certain to land here again for a couple of hours.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

We were visiting our daughter who is a student at A&M - Gig 'em!! Talk about vintage; it reminds me of the days when we played in the coffee shops of the 60s and 70s. When we went it was full and my daughter says it's pretty much full all the time. Food and coffee are good; it's coffee shop food. WiFi is great! Some of the seats and couches could use some updating. I really enjoyed it because the students were studying and enjoying themselves as well. This is a really cool place to spend some time reading or just to have a cup of coffee. My daughter loves and so do I.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for a cup of coffee before a long shift found me. Starbucks has always been my go to but not anymore, or not at least when I'm in Bryan.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

While I absolutely enjoy a large variety of the Coffee offered by Sweet Eugene’s, I was greatly disappointed when I decided to try the crepes. One of my friends had the strawberry one, it was filled with some sort of jam/preserve, which at least tasted like strawberries. I had the peaches and cream one... I don’t know if it had any filling, because I could not recognize anything resembling peaches. The crepes themselves were gooey and too soft. I understand it’s January and fresh fruit might not be readily available, but for the price charged, there’s no reason to offer sub-mediocre products!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

The place is cute and the coffee is great, but I drank all of it during my 45 minute wait for my crepe. Which never came even after 45 minutes until I went looking for it. When I asked about my order turns out it was lost as the person making the crepes didn’t even recall it. They need more staff. The line was so long after we ordered that I couldn’t find one person to ask for napkins without waiting in the long line again to ask someone. My son was eating donuts and getting glaze all over himself so I finally had to go get paper towels out of the bathroom to wipe his hands. Turns out we found our crepes sitting on a table in the front (no one ever bothered to walk back to the room we were sitting in to try and deliver them) so they had been sitting there the entire time once we finally got our crepes-we had ordered strawberry and Nutella it turns out there are no actual strawberries in it, just strawberry jelly and Nutella so it had about 0 substance after waiting for more than an hour now to get our food. Overall the coffee was great but they are way understaffed for a Saturday morning crowd which resulted in very poor service. The manager gave us free chocolate chip cookies to make up for it.

Date of visit: December 2017