“Best coffee fix ever!!!”

Sweet Eugene's House of Java
Description: Sweet Eugene's is a delicious marriage of an eclectic coffeehouse and bakery, an extension of one's home where everyone is family. Our friendly staff will prepare a sweet or savory crepe, sandwich, or cinnamon roll, and enjoy a rich Cafe Mocha to chase it all down. Nestle into a comfortable sofa and ponder intriguing art adorning the walls, or relax with a good book. Open early and late. In a hurry? Drive-thru's great. Life is sweet...taste for yourself!
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for a cup of coffee before a long shift found me. Starbucks has always been my go to but not anymore, or not at least when I'm in Bryan.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

While I absolutely enjoy a large variety of the Coffee offered by Sweet Eugene’s, I was greatly disappointed when I decided to try the crepes. One of my friends had the strawberry one, it was filled with some sort of jam/preserve, which at least tasted like strawberries. I had the peaches and cream one... I don’t know if it had any filling, because I could not recognize anything resembling peaches. The crepes themselves were gooey and too soft. I understand it’s January and fresh fruit might not be readily available, but for the price charged, there’s no reason to offer sub-mediocre products!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

The place is cute and the coffee is great, but I drank all of it during my 45 minute wait for my crepe. Which never came even after 45 minutes until I went looking for it. When I asked about my order turns out it was lost as the person making the crepes didn’t even recall it. They need more staff. The line was so long after we ordered that I couldn’t find one person to ask for napkins without waiting in the long line again to ask someone. My son was eating donuts and getting glaze all over himself so I finally had to go get paper towels out of the bathroom to wipe his hands. Turns out we found our crepes sitting on a table in the front (no one ever bothered to walk back to the room we were sitting in to try and deliver them) so they had been sitting there the entire time once we finally got our crepes-we had ordered strawberry and Nutella it turns out there are no actual strawberries in it, just strawberry jelly and Nutella so it had about 0 substance after waiting for more than an hour now to get our food. Overall the coffee was great but they are way understaffed for a Saturday morning crowd which resulted in very poor service. The manager gave us free chocolate chip cookies to make up for it.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 13 November 2017

I learned to drink coffee here as a student in 1993. I was pleasantly surprised to find it still open on a recent trip with my family, so I took my wife and kids in for a trip down memory lane. To my surprise, Sweet Eugene's not only endured, but has expanded significantly and now serves amazing crepes, donuts, and a variety of coffees and teas. I had the Hot Granny crepes, a cinnamon roll, and for old time's sake a cafe mocha. The coffee was as good as I remembered, the crepes were excellent, and the cinnamon roll rivals my dad's homemade from scratch. I can't wait to get back to College Station again so I can hit up Sweet Eugenes!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Drive thru window made it super convenient for a quick coffee after church. I got an almond joy coffee and it was really good. My daughter like to go here to study because they stay open till 2am!!!!

Date of visit: October 2017