All reviews front desk santa's wonderland waffles very nice stay breakfast bar living room beds were very comfortable in town stay there again nice room air conditioner staff was friendly business trip great place to stay texas pillows gravy
Reviewed 28 August 2018

I stayed at this hotel for training from August 5-August 24 in Room 315. Nice room and clean. The only complaints would be that there was not a desk in the room and the pipes made weird sounds when turning the water on. The no desk issue was fixed in a matter of minutes. The pipe noise lasted about 3-5 seconds and would stop; it seemed to occur in several rooms. The breakfast was standard hotel breakfast but a nice variety every week. The A/C was nice and cold; when not running, it can get humid but that comes with the area College Station is in. The free dinner and beer on Wednesday nights was a plus! I cannot remember every employee's name, but they were all wonderful and caring. I checked in during the evening of August 5. I believe Audrey was one of the employees. I saw her many times, so her name stuck out. During that night or the next few nights, I spoke with her and another young lady regarding the complimentary water options. We laughed about it being like a spa, and we discussed different fruit combination flavor options. Over the course of the three weeks, they took my ideas and implemented them, along with other ideas of their own....great job ladies!!! The fruit enhanced water is a great plus and the visual appearance was an added touch. Managers made sure to check with us regarding our stay and overall experience. During dinner on Wednesday night, 8-25-18, the manager came around and spoke to all of us individually. She expressed her gratitude and listened to any concerns. I left her business card at home or I would have written her name in here! I would have no issues staying here again.

It is located in a great spot, close enough to A&M and within walking distance to many restaurants.

The employees were great and we enjoyed interacting with them. We are not always the easiest group to deal with but we like to have fun and they "put up" with us :)

Room tip: No issues that I know of on the 3rd floor
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Natalie P, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham College Station, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to share such wonderful and kind words. Three weeks can be a long time away from home and we are so pleased to know you had a great experience. We loved hosting you all and getting to know each and every one of you! I cannot wait to share this wonderful experience with Audrey and our team. We work hard each day to ensure the quality, cleanliness, and comfort for each of our guests, so our staff will be extremely excited to know their hard work continues to pay off. We look forward to serving you again when returning to College Station and hope to be at the top of your list for hotels!

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here because my job required me to stay over night for training near by. Rooms got ice cold as I like it and they served a great breakfast every morning. Wifi is available and it's right next to several restaurants.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2018

Right now they are doing a little remodeling but overall the place was clean and comfortable. Front desk workers seemed a bit disorganized and checking into our prepaid reservation took about 20 minutes. There were 3 workers at the front desk and 4 customers.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Out of all the choices in the area, I’m glad I chose Hawthorn. I’ve never had any problems with hotels under the Wyndham group. This Hawthorn has easy access, the place was clean and appears as though it would cost more than it did to stay. The staff was all very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good and the Wednesday night beer and dinner is awesome as well. I definitely will keep Wyndham as my preference.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Natalie P, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham College Station, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Thank you so much for your recent stay and review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham in College Station. We are beyond pleased to hear of your wonderful experience and were able to take advantage of our Manager's Social on Wednesday! Our goal is to provide great customer service and making your time away from home, easy and comfortable. Thank you as well for your loyalty to Wyndham and we look forward to serving you again when you return to College Station!

Reviewed 22 July 2018

I was very disappointed with my checking agent. I was in a hurry and was kept waiting for a long period of time. The agent didn’t appear to know her job very well, asking me to call the company I set up my reservation with to send them information. I told her I was in a rush and asked if she could call them. After all, she was checking me in... She said she would need all my information which I reminded her I had just provide with all the information she was again requesting. I did eventually get checked in, to learn later that I was charged twice for my stay, which I might add is still unresolved!

Was unable to control AC using thermostat. It was 55° in the room when I arrived. I attempted to turn the temperature up and the thermostat moved but the AC never turned off and it remain 55° in the room the entire night. We were literally freezing. The next morning I turned the unit completely off and reported it to the front desk. They somehow fixed it the next day and we had no further problems.

• Trip type: Travelled on business