“Unbelievable Restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations, Waitstaff
Texas
“Unbelievable Restaurant”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

In Clyde, Texas next to the Dollar General is one of the best restaurants I've ever been to. It is hard to believe but it is true. When making reservations ask for the "feed me" and let the chef surprise you with each course. Certainly one of the best meals in West Texas.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Kevin R

“Once was too much!”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I don't want to rant...I wanted to like this place and we repeatedly tried BUT at every turn they missed the mark...front of house is clueless to the point of rude. This is all fake! They are playing at something...what? Only they know for sure, maybe they started out with a clear understanding and got lost along the way? The food was pretentious and barely eatable. The seating uncomfortable the constant reminders from all the wait staff that this is exceptional, unique, gourmet did not make it so and quickly became more than annoying. The experience was disappointing and the hospitality non was...what hospitality there wasn't any it was BAD, really bad, bad enough that we almost left before our check twice. I wish I had not read so many trumped up reviews about this place before we went. I wouldn't return even for free! I had to wait 2 months to cool down enough to write this and still left MUCH unsaid. I could not recommend this place to anyone for any reason, shrug...well maybe those who like to be treated poorly and pretend to be in some lame group of wannabees in west Texas?? I'm not buying into any of it rolling eyes.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank RosemaryBurton
Abilene, Texas
“Go with a healthy apetite”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Love the decor. The food is wonderful and the prickly pear lemonade to die for.

Visited October 2011
2 Thank Stefanie D
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Unique place. Great food.”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Had a lot of unique items on the menu had a great experience overall we went with a group of four. made reservations . Had the smoked filet which was delicious and also had the chicken fried salmon and the Homly was delicious too. Desert sampler was amazing. Bananas foster and bread pudding delicious.

2 Thank JeffandDiane89
Abilene, Texas
“A GOURMET RESTAURANT IN CLYDE, TX??!!!”
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I know; I know it's unbelievable that this wonderful gourmet restaurant is in the small, West Texas town of Clyde (On I-20, just east of Abilene)! Food and service could not have been better in this small, intimate setting. From appetizer to dessert, a delight to the eye and the taste buds. It is a very special place for any special occasion. Call for reservations.

• Visited December 2011