“RUDE” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Cedar Park
Surprise, Arizona
“RUDE”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2011

First time I was "evicted" from a motel, I am a very busy travel nurse & was shocked to be informed that my suite was "already booked to someone else" when I went to extend for another week.Mgr was not nice, owner even meaner, told me I had to leave when I suggested to her - to possibly inform people they needed 45 hrs to re-book their room - put me in a tiny room, with paper thin walls and was not happy. Asked if they now have a suite - she said you have to leave in the am B/C OBVIOUSLY SHE DIDNT WANT ANYONE TO POINT ANYTHING OUT ABOUT HOW UNKIND SHE AND HER MGR WERE RUDE TO PEOPLE. Housekeepers, other staff members, complaining and giving their notice...not a good people person - this owner or MGR (who was a male) Parking lot blocked off regarding some dispute with yet another person. Too bad, would be a great motel (clean etc) if they had new mgt / owner - not classy at all!!!!!

Room Tip: Get an end room, walls are paper thin - Do not suggest anything to the woman owner - she will get ve...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Travelgirl3643
General_Manager_M6, General Manager at Motel 6 Cedar Park, responded to this review, 13 January 2012
We are sorry that you feel that Management was not friendly. We do educate all our long-term guests about our extension policy, which requests that they give us advance notice. We do this, so that we can best accommodate both our current guests and the guests that have reservations to arrive at our location. The last thing we want is to displace any of our guests as we do appreciate their business. This is why we found a different room to accommodate your needs since all the room types you preferred were booked by arriving guests.
When we saw your comments about our staff, we discussed it with both the management and on-duty staff. We could not find any staff members who concur with your statements.
We make every effort to provide guests with a pleasant and enjoyable stay. We are sorry that yours was not.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Texarkana, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

This was the third Motel 6 I stayed at on a trip to Austin, the other ones being at Tyler and College Station, and this was newer and nicer than the other two. It was $10 more than the other locations, but it was still very good value. This is more like a small hotel, since most motel 6 locations require you to enter your room directly from the exterior, but this location had interior hallways. I prefer the top floor and this motel had 3 stories, and I reached my room from the lobby, and rode the elevator up to the third floor. Most of the other Motel 6 locations are 2 stories and you have to climb up exterior stairs to reach the balcony and access to your room. The room seemed larger and nicer than at other Motel 6 locations, so I was very impressed. The motel stood alone, away from the highway, surrounded by a forest of hill country oak trees, so if you want peace and quiet, this is the place. You do need a car to get here since Cedar Park is way up on the north edge of Metropolitan Austin, and is actually in Williamson County, and not Travis County. Also it's a few miles west of I-35 on a Farm to Market Road, but not too far from the Toll Road for US 183 in Cedar Park. Restaurants and stores aren't too far away. If you want a motel close to downtown Austin, or the University of Texas, this motel is not the best choice, but if you want a nice place to stay in the North Austin area, and you want good value, this is an excellent choice. I'm glad I stayed here, and it was good to enjoy one of the newer and nicer Motel 6 properties.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

Booked a kitchenettes room which was fine but smoking. Wasn't given option at time of reservation to book NS. Manger took discount off rate. No dish soap offered to clean dishes in room. Floor not mopped prior to check-in and not attended to during stay. Broken shower handle repaired within 1- day. Spacious environment, however remodeling (no fault of management) was a disaster; trying to be euro/modern w/o success. Selected for price and proximity to area of business. Walmart and major retail located within 5-min of site.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Moore, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

We stayed here from Oklahoma City to see (yes my profile logo) to see our favorite hockey team, the Barons, play the Texas Stars. In the halls, it was hot! Don't know if there was a broken air conditioner or somethin. But good for maybe a 1-3 night stay.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We apologize for the heat in the hallway. During your stay, we were servicing our hallway A/C units.. I think you will find that the temperature in the hallways is very pleasant now. We hope that you will give Motel 6 in Cedar Park another try in the future.
Austin, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2011

I stayed in this hotel for two evenings and was very pleasantly surprised. I've had a couple of bad experiences at some Motel 6's, but this one is clean, neat, and inexpensive. The rooms have a modern look and feel to them. It actually resembles a college dormitory. The room did not have carpet which was a little odd at first. But, this is an advantage as the floor does not collect dust as aggressively as carpet covered floors. The rooms have wall-mounted flat screen TV's. The bathrooms have very handy towel containers instead of rails. The comfort of the bed was good. I will definitely stay here again when I'm in the Cedar Park area.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business