All reviewsextended staywashers and dryersan extended period of timelaundry facilitieshalf milehotel is locatedpamtexaspetbrandhighway
Reviewed 4 November 2017

It is funny I look on this page and see some people had the exact same problems. This is a hotel not the construction worker hang out. Sorry, people don't want to see the gazebo getting smoked out and the beer cans stack up while getting stared down.

Room Tip: Find a different candlewood if your traveling for business
Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank 930acs
generalmgr057, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Austin N-Cedar Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

I am so sorry that you felt uncomfortable because of the guests using the Gazebo area. We have a variety of guests that stay at our hotel and yes some of them are construction crews because we have a very large amount of growth in the Cedar Park area. Sometimes the crews will unwind at the grill area but making you feel uncomfortable or "stared down" is not acceptable. Had our front desk known we wouldn't have hesitated to speak with the group.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

We stayed for an extended period of time at this Candlewood Suites due to a sale of our home and a wait until our new home was ready. The extended stay rates are good and the CS are much nicer than many other extended stay hotels. The room was fully equipped, quiet, had some brand new furniture, and was clean and fresh. It was very nice to have the onsite laundry facilities and a pet allowance since we have small pets. The best thing about the Candlewood Suites in Cedar Park are the staff. They are friendly, welcoming, professional, and available 24/7. We want to especially give a big THANK YOU to Vickie, Brody, and Pam. They were AWESOME!

Room Tip: High floor, away from elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelAddict1955
generalmgr057, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Austin N-Cedar Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Thank you for your great review. Come see us again soon. We're so glad we made your stay a memorable experience.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

You would be better off staying at the motel 6 across the street. If you are going to pay as much as they charge Marriott has an extended stay down the street about a half mile much better service about 7 dollars more a night. Will never stay at this place again IHG sorry this property is a no go !!

Room Tip: Don't waste your hard earned money
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
generalmgr057, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Austin N-Cedar Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Please explain why you were not satisfied with our property. How can we treat what ails you if we don't know. I am inclined to defend our hotel. We have much love here and our staff is very caring. If we had known what your issue was we would not have hesitated to assist you. We have a great property with full kitchens, a gazebo with grills, access to a pool, free dvd rentals, free laundry, many more amenities and the best darn staff anyone can ask for.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

This is not the standard for the brand that I am used to. The rooms are dingy, with beat up furniture (a dog or rabid cat tore up the side of the chair) and stained dining table chairs. Also, upon my return one evening there was a man standing at one end in a doorway smoking....while having the door cracked!! What the crap man, go somewhere else with that toxic crap. My allergies thank you kindly to walk your lazy behind out somewhere....considering this IS a NONsmoking establishment!! Oh! And take the employees smoking right out in front by the door with you!! Also, I am not even going to attempt to use the ice maker in the freezer considering the layer of filth on it. Ugh! I am thoroughly disgusted by the place, for the price I pay for a whole week my expectations are much higher!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
generalmgr057, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Austin N-Cedar Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you for your review. I agree 100% with you about the furniture. It is very worn but there is a light on the horizon! We have just received brand spanking new kitchen chairs and our new recliners are in transit to be delivered at any moment.
We love our property and never like to hear about unhappy guests.
We absolutely do not tolerate smoking inside the hotel. If we had known about the issue we would have addressed it immediately. I hope that you will try our property again. I am confident that you will have a wonderful stay.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

We will never stay here again. The furniture in the room was mismatched pieces that looked like they came from a garage sale. We're really not that picky, but we were actually afraid to sit on the recliner chair. We never even touched it! The well-worn office chair was fine to sit on; the one dining table chair looked comfy, but when I sat on it, the poofy looking cushion deflated completely and I was sitting on a wooden board. And no, I'm not large; I'm 5'1 and weigh 125.
The king size bed was "broken", for lack of a better word. One half sloped downward horribly. My husband felt like he was falling out of bed any time he rolled past the middle of the bed. So the king size was more like a double with a rolling hazard. Yes, we got to snuggle close to each other as a result, but we both "woke up" (weren't able to sleep much) with backaches. We were also treated to an early wake-up call by the dogs in the unit next door barking and fighting. Vicki, the front desk receptionist, was apologetic but did not offer a discount or anything. I thanked her for her apologies and told her it wasn't her fault, but could she please make sure management knows about all of this. She said she hopes it doesn't effect any future stays with them. I told her there wouldn't BE any future stays from us. In fact, we ended up staying another night but booked it another hotel just across the parking lot from them.
Also, when we booked through Expedia, it was advertised as a room with a view and a complimentary breakfast. Our view was the front grill of a worktruck outside the window, and the hotel doesn't even serve breakfast! I was very disappointed with the whole thing, but especially with the false advertising!

Room Tip: Not room 125; bad mattress; room next door is pet friendly. I love dogs but we don't want to be woken early by them when we're on vacation.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
generalmgr057, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Austin N-Cedar Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Please accept my apologies for the state of the furniture. We are awaiting brand new recliners and kitchen chairs next week. They are in a state of wear.
It is true that we do not offer breakfast and I have repeatedly contacted the 3rd party booking companies to make them area that our hotel has full kitchens and that no Candlewood Suites nationwide offer any sort of breakfast. Our guests like to be self sustaining and make all of their meals in their room. That is why we have amenities like a full size refrigerator and dishwasher. I hope that you will give our property another chance. Our staff is excellent and we work very diligently to provide a great experience both in the rooms and in the common areas.