Varsity Motel(Cameron)
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 January 2017

Best choice for a place to stay in Cameron. The rooms are large and very clean. The beds are comfortable and firm. The breakfast had a nice variety of hot and cold options. Too cold for the pool but looked nice. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2016

Several of my family members stayed at this hotel during a recent family event. The check-in staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean. The rooms were large but not large enough for all of us to gather in. We asked if we could use the breakfast room for a couple of hours that night to play cards and dominoes. We were allowed to and it was great. We had so much fun. The family members also did a group visit to the new Dairy Queen in Cameron, TX. We took up half the dining area but they didn't mind and the food was quick and delicious. Also a big thank you to the Cameron VFW Hall (where our event was held) and to Brookshire Brothers Deli for preparing wonderful trays of food for us. It was a great weekend. The Whittingtons

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank bwhitt2016
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

My husband and I were tired and needed a clean room. I found this on Trip Advisor and stopped. Our room was large and had great beds. Very clean. Breakfast was adequate again the area was very clean. This hotel is owner operated and they take pride in their property.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suzybee51
Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

Nice place to stay in a small town. I would only recommend staying here actually. The breakfast is good too which serves a hot and cold breakfast. The staff is friendly. The rooms are clean and the place was quiet. It has a nice pool too. The wifi wasn't working well but it was down and out of their control.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2016 via mobile

Nice property in this little town. I always stay here everytime I'm in the area. The staff isn't overly outgoing, but nice still. The breakfast is pretty typical for a free breakfast. The only negative I saw was: there was no coffee and the orange juice wasn't my favorite I've ever had. Still a great stay.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business