“Tasty food”

Ranked #24 of 200 Restaurants in Bryan
Price range: USD 9 - USD 13
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: What Started As A Small Cafe & Art Gallery In November 2008 Has Morphed Into A Full On Force For The Arts Community Of Downtown Bryan. For Nearly A Decade, We Have Fiercely Promoted And Advocated For “all Things Local”- Art, Music, Food And ,of Course, The People. Everything You Experience At The Village Is From Your Neighbors: The Produce From Farms Just Down The Road Prepared By The Hands Of People Who Live Blocks Away From Downtown, The Art That Graces Our Walls Comes From All Over The Brazos Valley, And The Live Music Every Week Brings In Staples Of The Bryan/college Station Music Scene As Well As Some Regional Talent.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

When we stopped there for lunch, we were starving! The food turned out to be copious and tasty but the young man who took our order was rather unfriendly. My husband opted for the sandwich with cup of soup, and I had the Asian salad with turkey. This is a large place and it appeared a bit unkept. Do they have enough people involved to run it?

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I have heard breakfast and their coffees are great. Two friends and I went to lunch. Asian salad tasted like bagged cabbage mix dumped in a bowl with bland dressing. Sad. One friend had chicken salad sandwich, sort of blah. The other friend had quiche that came with side salad. She said the quiche was very good but the salad had a small live bug in it so she couldn’t finish her meal. She was too embarrassed to tell the waitress. The dirty coke was delicious!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Made my third - and last - visit here. The food is passable but way overpriced considering. What's driven me away are the poor attitudes and even worse service of the restaurant's staff. They maintain that impatient "doing me a favor" perspective. There are much better places in Old Town Bryan to spend your dollars. I don't look for this place to be around too long...

Kristy P, Owner at The Village, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

I am very sorry you have had bad experiences at the cafe. We really take pride in being a welcoming and friendly cafe and I hate that that is not the experiences you have had with us. If there is anything I can do to make up for your visits, please let me know. -Kristy, owner

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Enjoyed delicious lavender mocha coffee and am craving it more and more! It made for a delicious accompaniment to scrambled eggs and perfectly-prepared bacon. Must return for the same very soon!

Kristy P, Owner at The Village, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

So glad you like the mocha, it is our favorite right now too! Thanks for the feedback.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

We had a luncheon meeting in downtown Bryan and decided to hold it at The Village Cafe. While the selections are limited - soups, salads, sandwiches, etc. - I was pleased with the Greek salad I ordered. This is not a fancy place and it tends to be a hangout for people working on computers, but the serving personnel are friendly, the food is good, and the cafe's location is convenient. While it would not be the first downtown eatery I would choose, I would return again.

Been to The Village? Share your experiences!