“Nice Lunch”

Ranked #24 of 204 Restaurants in Bryan
Price range: USD 9 - USD 13
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: What Started As A Small Cafe & Art Gallery In November 2008 Has Morphed Into A Full On Force For The Arts Community Of Downtown Bryan. For Nearly A Decade, We Have Fiercely Promoted And Advocated For “all Things Local”- Art, Music, Food And ,of Course, The People. Everything You Experience At The Village Is From Your Neighbors: The Produce From Farms Just Down The Road Prepared By The Hands Of People Who Live Blocks Away From Downtown, The Art That Graces Our Walls Comes From All Over The Brazos Valley, And The Live Music Every Week Brings In Staples Of The Bryan/college Station Music Scene As Well As Some Regional Talent.
Reviewed 27 January 2018

We had a luncheon meeting in downtown Bryan and decided to hold it at The Village Cafe. While the selections are limited - soups, salads, sandwiches, etc. - I was pleased with the Greek salad I ordered. This is not a fancy place and it tends to be a hangout for people working on computers, but the serving personnel are friendly, the food is good, and the cafe's location is convenient. While it would not be the first downtown eatery I would choose, I would return again.

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Traveling solo i had a few hours to kill. This place was perfect, I could set up my laptop and do some work. Coffee was pretty good. I stayed for dinner and had their pumpkin lasagne: a generous portion and quite tasty. I would come back again, it was a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Great breakfast spot frequented by the locals. The owner, Kristy, clearly knows what she's doing running a place like this.

While breakfast is served all day until 5pm, they have plenty of other options to choose from, including enough gluten free options to suit your fancy.

Our table ordered the Sausage and gravy with two eggs and a side of bacon, the breakfast burrito with grilled red onions, bacon, eggs and peppers, the quiche with a side of fruit, and the Sausage egg and cheese breakfast panini. The roasted potatoes on the side are also delicious and none of the menu items we got disappointed! It all came out got and fresh, and everything is homemade and locally sourced, including the eggs AND delicious coffee.

Even at 10:30, the line was out the door. BUT, this was a Saturday on game day weekend when they played Alabama, so it was a hot spot.

Do yourself a favor and stop in, say hello to Kristy, and let her friendly and attentive staff serve you a fantastic breakfast in a homey relaxing laid-back environment!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Nice, casual spot to grab breakfast. Lots of gluten free options. Be prepared to wait. Very busy.
Only negative is-probably due to being so busy-food can wait awhile to get delivered to table. Our came to us kind of warm, no longer hot.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

First the coffee is phenomenal! If you visit splurge and try the famous dirty coke! Normally I don't have drinks w sugar but so glad I tried this ! Huge variety of healthy menu options! You can't go wrong ! I've tried almost everything ! Hot tea heaven! Best quiche ever!

Been to The Village? Share your experiences!