“Great burger”

Boo Dawg's Backyard
Price range: USD 7 - USD 14
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Family friendly restaurant serving Steaks, Burgers, Seafood and Specialties with a Cajun twist. Live music on the weekends and a large secure playground for the kids. Kids under 12 wear your sports uniform and get a FREE Kid's size milkshake.
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Boodawg's burger is their signature. Yummy and juicy in medium cook.Great place for family gathering since they have playground and sitting on the outside. Staff are friendly

Reviewed 17 May 2012

Four of us ate here for the first time. We had lunch and they do have an "express" lunch menu that offers food in less than 30 min. This seems a bit long of a wait for lunch food but we were in no hurry. It did come out in less time than this and the temperature was good on all items.
Two of the party ordered the hamburger lunch special at $7.95 for burger, fries and drink. They both liked them. It is an additional 30 cents for cheese. The other ordered a chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and she said it was okay. I ordered the soup and sandwich lunch special and enjoyed the potato soup which was a hearty serving. The sandwich was turkey and on the large TX toast with lots of cheese. Not really a healthy choice but it was tasty. I noticed lots of people were getting the salad bar and it had a selection of either iceberg lettuce or mixed green lettuce and then assorted toppings. I think we will return again and I will try the salad bar out. Maybe a tad pricey compared to fast food but it is not fast food and it is located right on the expressway. Place very clean and bathrooms clean too. I would recommend you give them a try. One thing we weren't really greeted per say when we arrived and we arrived just as they opened. Plenty of workers but even when we ordered they weren't very welcoming. Did get the order right though:)

Reviewed 4 May 2012

Bad food, weird atmosphere, long lines. The prices were mediocre, 20 dollars for 2 people, burger fries and a drink, all in all I'd much rather eat at dog and pony

Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stopped at Boo Dawgs by chance and I ordered the baked potato soup and my husband had the chicken chipotle soup and salad bar. We both had iced tea, and the bill was under twenty dollars (just barely). The soups were really great and we left full and happy. The salad bar does seem overpriced at 8.95 but the soup and salad seemed reasonable. When I rate a restaurant as satisfactory, it means that I was satisfied, which is a good thing. The outdoor play area seems perfect for keeping the kids occupied while the adults relax and converse. I would go again.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

The 1st time we went to Boo Dawg's it was because we wanted to try it out with some friends. We have never been back on our own accord, and the other three visits were simply because other who had never been there asked us to join them. The burgers are actually really goof in my opinion as is the salad bar. It's nothing special but ti does have basically everything you'd want in a salad bar. The free chips and salsa is a nice touch too. Our kids have gotten the chicken fingers twice in the 4 visits and each time they were easily the most tasteless chicken fingers I've ever tries. Literally no seasoning at all......maybe a tiny bit of salt, but if so it's put in the batter and not on the meat before battering it, sooooooo when fried off course the salt dissolves in the grease. Hint.....season the meat AND the batter. the atmosphere is always great. Our two issues are the line and the price. I can live with a counter order set-up, but it's the only counter-order place I've ever been that only has one register running. The wait between 5:00 and 7:00 is easily 40 minutes on a Friday or Saturday night. This means two things; 1 people will stay longer in the restaurant and take up seating or 2 people won't come eat there. I'd bet that by having only one register running Boo Dawg's is missing out on $5,000 in food sales every weekend. Our other issue is cost. A burger, onion rings, and Diet Coke will cost you $14 before sales tax. I have asked some servers at Boo Dawg's about the prices and they say they are in line with Cheesy Janes, Dog & Pony, and Hungry Horse (their major competition), and I agree. But each of those places is overpriced too!!!! I'll let Hungry Horse slide because of their menu and food quality....best burger in Boerne and one of the best I've ever had. But I can spend $14 and get the same order at many higher upscale establishments with table service and higher food quality.

I'm not going to slam Boo Dawg's, but I'm not going to recommend it either. I'm not going to say we'll never go back because if people we want to hang out with really want to go there then we will join them, but we as a family will probably never chose Boo Dawg's on our own accord.

1  Thank Swilling1