See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 December 2014

The rooms are always spotless, bang smack in the middles of main street, excellent location. Michael and his team are always Betty accommodating. Highly recommend it for a run away weekend or romantic getaway..

• Stayed: December 2014
1  Thank AngieB27
Reviewed 21 December 2014

We booked this place after researching the other hotel and B&Bs because we wanted to enjoy a front row view of the town's annual Christmas parade on the main street. So let's talk accommodations first. This is a two-story French Quarter-styled B&B that pretty accurately reflects New Orleans charm in the midst of the lovely German-settled town of Boerne just north of San Antonio. Checkin is a breeze since you are given a code for the keypad lock on the room door (and must remember it!), thus eliminating the desk process - you go to the Christmas Shoppe if there's trouble as the owners are there.

Our second floor "Garden Room" was large and well appointed with cozy amenities, a couch, rocking chair and desk with coffee plus dorm-type fridge in the closet - an appreciated touch in a small town that closes up early. The room was decorated in a vintage style with lots of floral patterns and flowery touches befitting the room's name - each room is named and theme decorated. (I want to point out the bathroom has no grab bars, something I discovered when I lost my balance getting out of the tub. I flailed and pulled myself up and out, but that was annoying and resulted in a mild bruise on my upper arm.)

The morning breakfast was fresh and impressive for a tiny establishment (bacon, eggs, bagels, cereal, yogurt, and in a lovely corner location. We didn't bring our dog, but some rooms are pet friendly (a big plus by me!) For our goal of a relaxing weekend in a small town at Christmas with shopping just steps away, you couldn't beat the Crescent Quarters! We spent several hours in and out of shops along the main street, though want to comment the dining options are limited. And we adored the CQ owners' Christmas Shoppe downstairs, not the usual kitschy Christmas junk at all, but unusual and well crafted objects.

But for our goal of being able to watch and enjoy the parade, we were disappointed. Apparently a regular group rents rooms every year for the same purpose and since they reserve the prime rooms and provide a spread of food and drink, they bring quite the crowd and extra guests on the already-limited balcony space. Though we were just doors down from the view, my 85-year-old mother and I could only see from the side and watched the whole parade from the rear. (The parade was absolutely charming, about an hour and 15 minutes of small town camaraderie and seasonal joy!) Even if we had brought our own chairs and staked space early (that's the thing to do), we'd have felt like party-crashers, and we left for our room as soon as it was over.

I found much to enjoy and recommend about the Crescent Quarters, and find Boerne to be one of the prettiest places to visit and shop, especially at Christmas.

Room Tip: See above for what to expect during local events, but all the rooms have a similar location and view other than the front corner room's coveted balcony accessibility. Rooms are located on the second floor and there's an elevator in the back of the building by the parking area.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Margaret M
Reviewed 3 December 2014

Very nice place with a great location! Love the swing and rocking chairs on the lovely porch!!! Room decorated nicely and a great hot tub in the room!! Walls are thin.... You can hear people in the next room.

• Stayed: November 2014
1  Thank Carrie M
Reviewed 3 December 2014

Right on main street where you can walk to quaint shops and they have several pet friendly rooms. The rooms are large and have a small refrigerator which is very convenient. They provide breakfast in a hospitality room at one end of the complex. All the rooms are upstairs with a nice balcony overlooking the main street. It is well appointed and the restaurant downstairs is amazing.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa G
Reviewed 6 October 2014

We had a wonderful time in this tastefully furnished room for 2 nights. We went on a Groupon that was for 2 nights at $99.00. Tax was $35, but the room was immaculately clean and it was made you feel right at home. We stayed in the Hill Country Suite, it was quite large and it is the second room from the busy Main Street. I will advise like others to take some ear plugs, Randy normally carries them anyway so it was not an imposition. Also, BRING YOUR OWN PILLOWS if you are traveling locally. The pillows were a little flat.....normally I carry my own, but forgot to take them. I also normally carry a small fan for "white noise", plus they have their thermostat programmed and I am older and having those annoying "hot flashes" so I had to keep changing the thermostat. Fan would have eliminated that problem. Also a few sugar ants came to check out our wine, but I don't mind sharing, just keep your toothbrush out of reach!
We had a wonderful time just walking along checking out the cute shops along the way. Wonderful meals at the Cypress Grill in the evening. Had delicious Chinese food at the China Bowl when we arrived for only $6.50 that included egg roll. Their hot and sour soup is probably the best I have ever had. Another lunch at 259 Bistro......a little pricy but get used to it in Boerne. We live in Wimberley (another smaller tourist town) so we are used to those type of prices.
Honestly, we brought our own wine/beer and sat out on the 2nd floor patio surveying our current
KINGDOM and were quite pleased with the accommodations. I cannot recommend this cute hotel enough. We will come back sometime. Hope YOU enjoy it as much as we did!!!

Room Tip: I have no idea which rooms were which, but ours was the 2nd one from the street (201). This Hill Country Suite became quite light in the am since it didn't have curtains that have a darker backing so wear an eye mask if it bothers you. I did since we prefer to stay up late vs getting up early. Probably all rooms are eye candy, many interesting objects and pictures that I suspect are antiques. Beautiful hardwood floor in main room.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple