“A Great Place for Lunch in the Texas Hill Country”
Review of Redbud Cafe

Redbud Cafe
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Blanco
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Redbud Cafe is located just off IH 281, on the north side of the town square, right next door to Brieger Pottery, and directly across the street from the Old Blanco Courthouse. Our food is made fresh daily using premium products, local and organic whenever possible. We also use filtered water in everything we make.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Don't miss the opportunity to go to the Redbud Cafe for lunch. A very unique and special restaurant. We were passing through Blanco and stopped for lunch. The food and the staff made for a very enjoyable experience. You order at the counter and the food is brought to you. Be Prepared to wait if they are busy.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Great place to have a casual meal and listen to local talent. Nice selection of local brews. Anxious to get back this winter.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

A cute open plan diner. I had a cup of soup for $3.95 and it was very tasty chicken soup - great value! There’s also salads and quiches and burgers and cold or hot sandwiches. Good location. Wheelchair access. WiFi. Nice for families or solo travelers. No views. Friendly staff. Loads of biscuits! Chocolate chip was popular.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Another great surprise for good home style cooking in Blanco. I had a delicious quiche and then a cookie to take home.

Cute gift shop next door with interesting items.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

My husband and I wanted to check this place out on a Friday evening and the line was almost to the door. Most of the tables were filled with people waiting for their meals to arrive. We decided to come back for lunch when they were a bit less crowded. Today we stopped by around 12:30pm. With only a couple of people in line, I ordered the Ratatouille sub and my husband ordered a bowl of chili. We went to the bar and ordered a beer and a wine. They have about 10 different options of varietals and I ordered a Shiraz. It was not drinkable and had obviously already turned bad. I went back to order something else. THe sweet bartender asked me what happened and after I explained that I thought it was bad, she graciously gave me a glass of something different. I’m pretty sure that wine had turned bad as well. I drank it anyway. Our food took almost an hour to come out. They were apologetic, but I’m not really sure why it took so long. My ratatouille was was absolutely fantastic. The service was good, but if I ever end up going back I would make an order for pick up instead.

Been to Redbud Cafe? Share your experiences!