“Stuffed Anaheim Pepper is fantastic”
Review of La Casona

La Casona
Ranked #7 of 49 Restaurants in Bay City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 14 September 2017

The Delicisioso is delicious. Good Tex-Mex food and plenty of it. Servesa is cold and service is quick. But watch out on the bill, the servers have been caught over charging and changing tip amounts.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Went for lunch and they had apparently just exterminated recently. Huge cockroaches in the dining room on the floor and running across our table. Management apologized and comped my meal but alas I will never be back. This should never have happened. Also, the chips they put on the table were stale. My friend asked for different ones and the second basket was also stale. Sad. It also seems that Anglis set in the new addition and front room unless those areas are full. Why is the back area for Hispanic customers primarily? Very noticeable and not appreciated. We dine at other area Mexican Restaurant now.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Enjoyed this restaurant very much. Good food and drinks. Very busy place, but staff kept up well and worked together as a team. Nice atmosphere. A very enjoyable place to eat and relax while on vacation.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Visited on a quick trip. Ordered margaritas which consisted of nothing but mix and lime juice. When I asked the waitress if I could just trade my drink for a beer instead she replied "yes but we will still charge you for the margarita". When I explained to her I could not taste any alcohol in the drink at all she was quick to reply "we have a lot of customers say that, but they will not take the drink off your check. You can buy an extra shot to add if you want." I quickly explained to a manager the type of customer service and quality the employees were serving his customers and we left without ordering. So I'm not sure how good the food is but the drinks were astounding and the customer service would never bring me back to this place.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

We checked TA to find a restaurant in Bay City and this one seemed to have good reviews. The food was served quickly and was very good. Appears to be a good local hang out which is usually a good sign.