“Always great”
Review of Cafe Roux

Cafe Roux
Ranked #14 of 52 Restaurants in Bay City
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I have been here 4 times. Food always wonderful. I and a friend like coffee and this is good coffee. Great gumbo, beans and rice.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

We just tried this cafe for the first time today. The hamburger was so delish and so were the seasoned french fries! Also, if you love potato salad, this is a great one! I could eat just that for lunch! The gumbo was definitely not the greatest, but I hear their sweet tea is amazing! Will definitely be trying more of their menu items soon!...Be prepared to wait a little bit for your food or if you are in a hurry, call ahead of time.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Delicious fresh tasty excellent food. Loved it! Service was good. Chef owner came out to converse. Try the etouffee!!

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

This is my favorite place to eat in Bay City. I'm working my way through the menu, I've yet to find a dish I don't like. I really like the gumbo and the red beans and rice are good, too. The vanilla black tea is a nice change of pace and the owner/chef is really nice.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

Each dish I've had has been excellent. My first taste was a meeting catered by Cafe Roux and that was the smothered chicken and rice. My first date night there, my wife go the pot roast and I had the gumbo and it was excellent. Red beans and rice is stellar. I like the Tea they serve and highly suggest you stop by. It is located in the health food cottage, and is easy to park behind the store.