“Good but not great”
Review of Crossroads Cafe - CLOSED

Crossroads Cafe
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped by after hearing of a change in ownership. It was a Saturday at noon. There were three other couples seated. Everything was very clean. My wife ordered a chicken fried steak sandwich. I ordered the patty-melt. We started with the appetizer of fried green tomatoes.

All of our food was great! The patty-melt was juicy and had the best seasonings. Unfortunately the grilled onions were just mildly warmed up. Certainly not grilled. The chicken fried steak was twice the size of the bun and very tasty. Sadly the piece of lettuce could have been covered by two quarters. The fried green tomatoes were great but only five slices.

Overall the food was very good. But some things could have been better. Most reviews talked about the great service. Ours was mediocre at best! The appetizer came to us but we didn't have plates to use. I asked for mustard for my patty-melt. The waitress said "I'll get it right now". She then went to checkout another customer. Meanwhile my sandwich grew cold waiting on her. She then brought our check and we never saw her again! Glasses went empty early in the meal.

Overall the food was good. Prices were quite high. Very comparable to Longhorn Steakhouse prices. Unfortunately not the same caliber of restaurant.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

First time had the buffet was pleasantly surprised how reasonable affordable it was . Not much choices but it was all very good . The homemade desert was very good. I will have to put this little jewel on my regular place to eat at.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

When I was a little girl, I remember eating at Deena's Restaurant with my family. Recently I was with my parents and we were meeting my husband after a business trip. I-40 was the meeting place, so I thought, why not see if it's like I remember.

I don't really remember the food. The inside had obviously had a facelift. When I got ready to review on TA, I couldn't find it anywhere. After some research, it seems it used to be Crossroads Cafe, also perhaps Bailey's, but not it has come back to the name I remembered.

It was late morning, but I hadn't had breakfast, so I opted for the omelet. I'm going to say that if I have had a better omelet in a restaurant, I don't remember it. And the home fries were so good. I'm usually hesitant about breakfast potatoes, because they are greasy. Not these. My mom had the buffet and really enjoyed her meal.

The restaurant itself was newly reno-ed and the service was exceptional. Just looking around I saw several other things I would want to try when I go back. And I do plan to go back.

Reviewed 21 December 2016

Stopped here for lunch as I was traveling from Texas to Kentucky to spend time with family and friends over Christmas. I prefer to eat at local (non-chain) restaurants when possible. Everything is available on the menu from open to close, handy as it was 10:30 A.M. and I wanted lunch. My server was very friendly and gave just the right amount of attention. I ordered the hot fried chicken plate with cole slaw and fried okra as the sides. There was a little bit of wait because everything is cooked to order and was piping hot and delicious. I plan to visit the Shiloh battle site on my way back to Texas and will stop in here again for a meal. As I was focused on getting back to KY, I forgot to leave a tip, so if the owner or my server read this, I will be back and will not forget to tip next time.

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

I had the lunch buffet .pulled pork,corn and white beans .pork was excellent for being on a buffet .corn and beans were good .cornbread was ok .peach cobbler is great .would stop again