Review Highlights
Excellent place .

Excellent place if you love beautiful artwork. The artwork is the Smoky mountain area. People who... read more

Reviewed 6 July 2017
judy p
Sevierville, Tennessee
A Charming Gallery On the Peaceful Side Of the Smokies

I found this gallery while on a trip to Townsend's Little River Campground. I love to ramble in... read more

Reviewed 22 August 2016
Sylvia S
North Carolina

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I have been going to the Smoky Mountains for over forty years. This year we stopped at Lee Roberson's Art Gallery. All I can say is that this visit was the most enjoyable place I have been in the Smoky Mountains in forty years! Lee and his wife will make you feel welcome and like you are visiting family! I wish them both many happy years and will make this a stop in every future visit to the mountains!

Date of experience: August 2013
2  Thank Gary S
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Most people who have been to the smokies will be familiar with Lee Roberson's work. I can remember going to Lee's gallery years ago before he and his first wife divorced. For a while he moved out of the gallery in the woods and into a strip mall in Townsend - mistake. Now he's back in the old gallery in all its beauty and Lee is in rare form. My brother and I stopped in to look around and Lee and Beverly talked to us for quite a while. Both are very nice and personable and we enjoyed hearing the back and forth banter between them. If you're in the smokies, stop in and see them and buy something. Help support one of the areas most enduring and prolific artists.

Date of experience: November 2013
4  Thank marcoon
Reviewed 31 October 2012

My husband and I along with two friends were driving to Cades Cove when we noticed a sign pointing the way to Lee Roberson's Gallery. Overwhelmed with shouts of "Turn around" / "A local artist?" / "Go back" my husband found a safe place to do so. The road to the gallery is winding and one-lane with humorous signs and instructions along the way (like the Speed Limit sign with a drawing of a snail). We had to back up once to let another vehicle pass and were surprised when we finally saw the gallery and surrounding buildings in an open space with a creek running through it. The landscaping was beautiful, with flowers blooming, fall colors bursting from trees, and pumpkins glowing in the hazy sunlight. Inside the gallery, we met Lee Roberson and got a gallery tour from him. Each painting seems to have a story behind it, some of them quite remarkable. His art reflects the Great Smoky Mountain beauty that we spent so much time admiring on this trip. Our friends bought several items as did we in hopes of bringing some of the magic and majesty of the mountains back home with us. Lee and his staff are friendly and quick to help, the gallery is cozy and inviting, and anything in the gallery would make a great gift. We will be going back before Christmas! I highly recommend this stop to see - and purchase - the work of a local Smoky Mountain artist.

Date of experience: October 2012
6  Thank Deborah F
Reviewed 26 October 2012

This is a beautiful gallery in Townsend. Lee and his wife have been there most times we have been. He is very helpful and always takes the time to talk to his guests. I have his pictures throughout my home and visit every time I go!

Date of experience: June 2012
3  Thank Melinda N
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This is a beautiful area to visit. The drive from Gatlinburg to Townsend is gorgeous riding along the water. But my favorite place is right outside of town. It is the Lee Roberson Art Gallery. He is only opened on Sun., Wed., and Fri. from 10 - 5. It is very quaint place and well worth going to,. Lee and his wife, Beverly run the place and they both are so friendly. And his paintings are stunning. I highly recommend going to see Lee and Beverly and taking home a painting or print.

7  Thank camw0952