See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 May 2015

When we arrived, it was late we checked in and went to bed~~~ With me was my husband, son and 2 grandsons~ the bathroom tub was filthy dirty, even after the maid had been there the next day, they quoted one price and asked us to leave a day early, said we didn't pay enough money for our last night~for the tub I actually went and bought stuff to clean it with and it was so bad I wouldn't give my grandsons a bath in it!!! the hotel manager told me he was going to and I quote "Call the Law" My response to that was it's okay I'll do it myself~~~ the police actually told me it was a dangerous hotel!!! Said I wished I'd known that before I went there, my Dad lives in the city but it was for a family funeral and his house was full with the older family members!!! So our last night there was spent on the floor of my Dad's home!!! Never again and I would never even send my worst enemy there it was horrible~~~ the manager also told me I'd been kicked out of every hotel in Tazewell, yet I had never stayed in a hotel there before!!! BAD CHOICE!!! Well pacing up we were looking for my grandson's bottle and we moved the nightstand to see if it had fallen behind, low and behold the garbage we found under there was horrible, moldy food, wrappers, mouse droppings and a used condem!!!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lorinda S
Reviewed 8 April 2015 via mobile

I stayed here my first night in Tazewell and I will not stay here again. The beds were unfavorably uncomfortable and old with burned spread, outdated television, too much furniture for the room and recklessly over priced. Almost 100 dollars per day. Just go somewhere else. Not worth the money.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Gisele P
Reviewed 28 February 2015

Had been driving all night and wanted a place to at up before I moved on. They allowed me to check in early. The mattress was tired and creaky, but room was clean. Staff was friendly and accomodated my requests.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2014

When we arrived, we found out out reservation was made wrong. We booked Wednesday through Saturday, and they said we reserved Tuesday through Saturday in a more expensive room than we wanted. So when we showed up Wednesday, they told us they gave our room away. Finally we got a room, but would have to switch to a different room halfway through our stay. When we Went to switch rooms, they told us a half hour to clean the new room. We left and came back two hours later with the room still not clean. The entire hotel was a hassle to deal with. The first room we stayed in had crumbs in the sheets, and hairs in the bathtub. Staff was difficult and argued with us. Entire room is out of date - hard mattresses, mismatching lights, cracked sink, water wouldn't get hot, tiles made the room even colder, etc.

• Stayed: November 2014
4  Thank kacienicole0611
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It all started when I made the reservation for Memorial Day weekend with a lady I knew was not totally sure of what she was doing so I e-mailed them to ensure the reservation had been made. I did not hear anything so I called again and spoke with a gentleman. He confirmed he had two rooms booked, May 23 & 24 - I said no, May 24th & 25th. He said 2 adults, two children and a dog - I said no, 3 children, 3 adults and a dog. I asked him to confirm via e-mail, which he did at a rate of $73 per room.

When we checked in my wife completed the registration which included stating we had a dog. Later that evening I got a call from my daughter who was in one of the rooms. She could not unlock the deadbolt to get out of the room. The elderly lady at reception provided me with another key and the master key but neither worked. She said she would call someone. My daughter used her nail file to unscrew and dismantle the lock. I then completely removed the lock and found it broken. It turns out the elderly lady cancelled the call to the other person when she saw we had removed the lock. I insisted she call and have him come.

This he did and asked if we would want it replaced or could we just use the regular door lock as they did not get trouble with these rooms since they installed cameras, just the rooms at the other end (really helped makes us feel secure). He found another lock and I helped him install it, after he put the inner workings in upside down.

Now the really good part, about half an hour later I get a call in my room and he said he did not know we had a dog and I should have told him. I informed (firmly) that I had done so at the time of booking and when we checked in. He said I had a great rate and others were paying a lot more than me (why that should concern me I'll never know) and I needed to pay the $20 fee for the dog. After all we had been through with the lock!

The rooms are average with many small things wrong, like having to lift the door to close it (the hinges were almost off my daughters room door and I told the man he needed longer screws to secure the hinges). Items in the room were loose, light fixtures missing and the wireless Belkin system did not work as I could not get the internet without turning it off and using my 3G. There is no swimming pool even though they state this on their web site - a great disappointment for our grandchildren, Cambria, Cyrah and Kessia.

I hope you have read all this and agree it is not the place to stay in Tazewell.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family