“Above and beyond service”
Review of Guest Inn

Guest Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Sweetwater
Reviewed 8 November 2015

As "Snowbirds," we always stay at the Hilltop Hotel on our way down to Florida from Michigan in the Fall and also on our way back up from Florida to Michigan in the Spring. The location is halfway and convenient, and we are able to call from our cell phone while driving to make the reservation. We usually even stay in the same room each time. The desk clerk is always friendly and helpful, and this past time I left my nightgown hanging on the back of the bathroom door, and Alli was kind enough to mail it back to us.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Linda B
hilltophotel60exit, Manager at Guest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2015

Thank you so much for your business, we appreciate our customer's. We hope to see you many seasons to come.

Reviewed 21 October 2015 via mobile

So I'm traveling for work. Need a cheap motel. I find a travel coupon for under $40 at this place. I get there expecting a he'll hole. But it wasn't that bad.

The lady that checked me in was awesome. The lady that checked me out was awesome. So big thumbs up to the staff.

But then the room. Yeah...

Down stairs in the back where you can park in front. I was told downstairs rooms are better upstairs sucks and is for locals. But then in the main building upstairs is nice.

But when I walked in my room... the smell of old hit me. Was it must? Mold? The room was clean and I saw no mold.

But it was like walking into an early 1990s motel time warp. I swear everything is dated. Just old. Worn out.

Oh and then the internet... Yeah I couldn't get it. Made me grumpy.

The view outside is awesome tho for a cheap motel.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank James T

We are thankful for your stay with us. We will rectify the the areas you have brought to our attention, and thank you for doing such. We appreciate costumer feed back.

Reviewed 20 October 2015

This hotel is really good, my room had no smell at all ,it was also clean and confortable; the beds had clean linen, and bathroom with good supply. The air condition was working properly .
The people at the front desk, who helped us were very kind; and we were accommodate in our convenience.

overall we had very good experience in our staying at Hilltop hotel, mainly the kindness and friendly Wellcome from the personnel.

The breakfast is ok, but it will be good to have a little more variety of juice, fruit or some hot food.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank consuelo r

Much appreciation for your business, we sincerely hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed 17 October 2015

king bed very good rooms clean with about every thing you need micro wave fridge and good TV with lots of channels very scenic near the Smokey mountains cost 5100. dollars including tax lots of places to eat fast food and buffet

Room Tip: on the back
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Don O

Thank you for your feed back. We truly aim to accommodate the needs of our guests and thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

The room was relatively clean. As to amenities? There were very few. The refrigerator didn't work. They said there was free Wi-Fi but we could not connect and neither could the people in the rooms around us. The room faced the pool. The clerk said it wouldn't look very good because they were draining it. Well, it must be taking a long time because the water was green with algae and the level never changed. They also said there was a free continental breakfast. If you call stale bread, old doughnuts, coffee and Tang instead of juice breakfast. Then you were okay. Needless to say, we went elsewhere for breakfast. As a last resort, if nothing else is available, stay here. If you can find anything else, avoid this place.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MargoLightfoot

We are truly sorry your experience was not up to par. We have explored the suggestions you have noted and hope you will consider staying with us again. Thank you for your time and stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sweetwater
3.9 km away
19.3 km away
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 10 in Athens

Been to Guest Inn? Share your experiences!