Review Highlights
wonderful hike and views breath taking

we loved walking out and showing guests from out of town. The history and view is breath taking and... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
raven c
Great view!

Great look out point at a National Park. The view is breath taking. There is a trail that winds... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
CarneyATL
Stockbridge, Georgia

All reviews tennessee river rainbow falls suspension bridge hiking trip view overlooking trail leading union troops downtown chattanooga chattanooga national military park worth the effort great hike mouse trap worth the trip raccoon mountain picnic cumberland hikers
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Easy to get to by car. Short 40 yard walk to the point. You can also hop on the Cumberland Trail from here!

Reviewed 14 March 2017

We sat at the picnic table during a rain shower, and even with the overcast sky, the view is still beautiful. Worth the trip.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

Perfect view across TN River Gorge to Lookout Mountain, as the Native Americans and Civil War generals knew! Just down the street, Rainbow Falls Trail, another stunning location for hiking.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

We hiked to the suspension bridge and then headed back up. I read multiple reviews which I thought were all interesting, first, the people who say it's not worth going down the mouse trap because the view from the parking lot is grand enough, those people are not true nature lovers/adventureres and somehow missed so much! The vistas are awesome, being out on the bluffs is so awesome. The mouse trap was fun in its own way. Loved it. Now back to our route, we read that you could keep going after Julia Falls lookout and come to a suspension bridge but not go over it and take the trail up to a gravel road. We did take a trail but never came to a gravel road and it was very untraveled. We ended up going back the way we came which was better anyway, I can walk out on a road any time but the views are what I came for anyway. Very fun hike.

1  Thank Louames
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

If you've never been, I say it's worth the short drive from Chattanooga or beyond. I had small children with me so I didn't go down the trail but just the overlook there is with it. I took a couple pictures with my phone which I've posted with this review but pictures don't do it justice. My now favorite place in the Chattanooga area.