“Good Fried Fish and Huge Portions”

PawPaw's Catfish Kitchen
Ranked #6 of 202 Restaurants in Sevierville
Price range: USD 8 - USD 15
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: A Taste Of New Orleans in the Smokies, we offer Fried Catfish,Fried Shrimp,Gumbo,Jambalaya,Red Beans & Rice,Shrimp Ettuoffee,New Orleans Muffalettas,Poboys- New Orleans Roastbeef & Gravy Poboy, Shrimp Poboy, Catfish Poboy.Alligator Bites, Hamburger Steak w/grilled onions,home made gravy,bread & mashed potato.We now serve Bar-B-Q Ribs & Pulled Pork.White Chocolate Bread Pudding,Chocolate layered Cake, pecan pie, boiled crawfish when in season, catfish acadiana,crab cakes. New hours are for winter months. Until March
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I have made so trips to the Smoky Mountain area that I wanted to try a new, local place to eat. I saw the rave reviews for PawPaw's and even though it was quite a ways from where we were staying we made the trip. Traffic on the Parkway was pretty backed up on Friday late afternoon so our GPS took us on the back roads and it brought us right out onto Wears Valley Road. The place is small but because we got there at 4:30 there was plenty of seats. It reminded of something right out if Diners, Dive-ins and Dives. Cute and simple. I ordered the fried catfish with fried shrimp and fries and my husband got the fried catfish with fries. They gave us so much and it was really good and hot. I love it out on Wear's Valley so I am glad we got to eat here where the locals go.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This little place has great food, friendly people, and a comfortable setting. Full dining room on a Friday night. Food took quite a while, but the 3 servers on duty kept up well. Fried everything is delicious! Bread pudding also really good.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Small cafe, big on flavor. Clean, friendly, mom and pop restaurant. Authentic Cajun cuisine. Great surprise for eastern Tennessee. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

We stopped in for a quick meal, and were pleasantly surprised at not only the service but the food. Service was excellent and so was the food. We both ordered catfish and sides.
This is a "hole in the wall" looking place from the road. Don't be deceived. The food and the service was well worth the stop
Casual, family atmosphere

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Great food! Servers are nice. Wonderful, wonderful catfish! I also recommend the etoufee and boudin. Excellent place to eat!