“Meticulously clean and well-appointed cabin in a...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Pool table.
Dining table
Vanity/master bedroom
Bathroom/master bedroom
Second bedroom/queen sized bed, private bathroom
Front yard/garden
Back yard / grill / fire pit
Back porch/hot tub
Hot tub
Breathtaking views
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
flowergir...
perryville, mo
“The good, the bad and the ugly”
Reviewed 23 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014
people found this review helpful

The GOOD: Cabin was nice, clean and hot tub worked just fine.

The BAD: Master bath toilet is loose, and policy book is outdated by a few years, such as, there is no phone in the cabin, fine, but don't advertise it. It also says to shut the breaker off to the hot tub, which would be good for summer, but not for winter. The roof is boarded on the inside, apparently it may have collapsed under the snow at one point. But none of these issues really bothered or affected us.

The UGLY: We had a major misunderstanding about the furnace. IF YOU STAY IN THE WINTER TIME, REQUEST THAT HER CLEANING LADY TURNS THE FURNACE ON 2 DAYS BEFORE YOU ARRIVE. I swore the furnace wasn't working. After talking to her repairman after the trip, he informed me it's a "Heat pump" system, which means the furnace would have to run for several hours to raise the temperature in the cabin just 3 or 4 degrees. Well, when it's 28 degrees outside and 50 inside the cabin, 4 degrees in 5 hours is UN-acceptable. (If you do the math, to raise the temp the 20 degrees warmer it needed for it to be comfortable, that would have taken 20 hours!)

I kept telling her the furnace was blowing COLD air which it was, and we burned wood for the entire stay. And it's a small fireplace so you add wood every 2 hours thru the nite to keep yourself warm. When I got home, she all but called me a liar and said that the furnace worked the whole time. Had she informed me what type of heating system she had, we could have resolved the issue without me insisting on a refund. Also, she lives in Northern IL, so it wasn't like she could just run over and verify any of the info I was telling her. So again, check on the heat situation before you stay anywhere, and if it's this kind of system, ask for them to get the heat temp up to 70 before you arrive, or make sure you start a fire asap. Over all we liked the cabin, but did not enjoy dealing with the cabin owner over the heater, and I did not particular like being accused of lying to her, especially after sending a photo of the thermostat reading. She said people take these reviews with a grain of salt, so the choice is yours.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
3 Dec 2014
Hello Shay,

When you left such nice comments in my guest book in the cabin, I thought you loved the place. I'm rather surprised at your review now. My comments are as follow:

I'm sorry you thought the heat wasn't working. I have an over-sized heat pump and the heating contractor told me the first night the connections were wrong, and he fixed them. From then on the heat was at 70. That was a malfunction that I couldn't help. The cabin is small, so a small fireplace is adequate.

I offered you the chance to leave on Friday night, you chose not to. I offered you the chance ot leave on Saturday, you chose not to. I refunded all of your rental fee and paid for two service calls, one of which was unnecessary.

There is no policy book. I have an information notebook on the table to help visitors find restaurants, activities, medical facilities, dentists, doctors, churches etc. Most of the information doesn't change.

Merry Christmas and God bless!

Jan
newpoint
beaufort, sc
“Meticulously clean and well-appointed cabin in a great location”
Reviewed 27 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

This cabin was perfect for our mountain vacation since we wanted to visit Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. It had everything we needed and was comfortable for our group of two adults and three children. Jan was very helpful and most responsive. It was a bargain, also!

Travelling group: Young Children
24 Nov 2014
Thank you.
Basil B
“Comfortable”
Reviewed 11 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

Really enjoyed our stay. Cabin was clean and beds were super comfortable. Loved the back porch. Cabin was a little hard to find but was well worth the trouble.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Back Porch
Liked least: Directions
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
30 Oct 2014
Hi, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at my cabin. How were the free tickets to Dollywood? I hope you were able to use them. Please come again.
nancyann1...
“Great, secluded, clean cabin”
Reviewed 8 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

Very nice cabin off the beaten path, but GPS took us there perfectly. Clean with everything you could need except perishables. Very nice owner to deal with as well. Would recommend.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
8 Sep 2014
Hi Nancy, Thank you for the nice review. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to my cabin. Please come again some day and remind me and I'll throw in an extra night for free.
slamme
Lancaster
“Lost In The Woods”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Cabin the normal there is everywhere. View is the normal, all trees on a mountain. Finding it ,a total nightmare. Directions, a total nightmare. Once you find it, and have your own directions down, you're ok. Roads the normal room for 1 1/2 cars not 2, like all Sevierville County back woods. Pool table needs cues. No WiFi we could find ,(used the neighbors for a little till it stopped) No cell either....normal for backwoods . Did not have directions literally till 5 minutes before I left. (and they didn't work) NO signs at all till you are in the yard. Good Stuff....!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked least: directions / no signage
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
15 Aug 2014
I'm sorry you had trouble finding the cabin. Most people manage to find the way. I wish you'd called about the Wi-Fi. We have storms up there that cause power spikes and the modem probably needed rebooting. Jan
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing