“Wonderful”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

lauralynn...
Dallas, Texas
“Horrible service”
Reviewed 30 June 2011 for a stay in December 2010

My husband and I had stayed at the LMVR in Seveirville twice before this trip, and we loved it. This time, the experience was horrible. There was once a woman, Cindy, who worked at the front desk, but apparently she doesn't work there anymore. When I walked in to check-in (around 4:00) people were eating in a small room. They appeared to have seen me, but they were content to let me wait five minutes while they gossiped and chewed their food. Knowing that some of the hiking trails would be closed (due to the winter weather) I asked one of the ladies in the office about the hiking trails. She pointed to a map, and I paid $2 for the hiking map. When Cindy worked there, I wasn't charged anything for asking questions. After my husband and I went into the cabin, we noticed that there was only a roll (and a half) of toilet paper for a one- week stay. Since I was blowing my nose like crazy, we went through the toilet paper quickly. We could purchase more scratchy toilet paper for $1 per roll, but we decided to go to the grocery store to purchase soft tissues. There were crumbs left in the armrest of one of the chairs, and the wood floors were filthy. The worst part was the odor that wafted through the cabin when the water was turned on. It smelled like rotten eggs. When we had stayed at LMVR in the past, Cindy told the maintenance guy, and he placed tablets in the water; therefore, eliminating the rotten egg smell.
During my December visit, when I informed Kathy in the office about the smell. She said there was nothing they could do, and that the sulfur is supposed to be good for my skin. "Not if I can't stand to bathe in the water," I retorted. My husband and I needed to leave the resort by 10:00 on Sunday morning to travel to a Cincinnati Bengals game. We heard weather reports of incoming snow. We asked the management team if we could switch cabins, and stay in a cabin that wasn't on a steep incline. We were even willing to pay a fee. The management team said, "No--because it would be too much of an inconvenience for them." The day the snow arrived, the office was supposed to open at 9:00 A.M. We kept calling the front office. Eventually at 10:00 A.M, we risked our lives driving down a steep hill in the snow and ice. The office still wasn't open, and the roads at the bottom of the hill and in the town of Sevierville were completely clear. I wouldn't stay at LMVR again even if they paid for my complete stay and air fare. I was considering purchasing a cabin there for an income property, but I wouldn't want this management group managing my residence.

Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Bristol
Reviewed 9 June 2011 for a stay in May 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 45-54
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists

Reviewed 20 March 2011 for a stay in February 2011

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 18-24
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing