Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews bed and breakfast nightly desserts springs room thought of everything evening dessert rolling hills hiking trail homemade dessert back porch breakfast was delicious fishing poles ping pong catfish each morning hot tub private deck the smoky mountains
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 September 2021

My husband and I just returned from 2 nights at the Berry Springs Lodge (Sept 2021). The experience was perfect and exceptional in every single way. After spending a week vacationing in a variety of North Carolina and Tennessee inns, B&Bs, and cabins, we had come to expect beautiful locations but somewhat tired and dated facilities. In most cases, things were in need of a good dusting/cleaning and needed some maintenance, along with staff that may or may not have cared much. Berry Springs could not have been more different. We were totally awed from the moment we arrived until we left. Not only was it sparkling clean top to bottom, it appears to be brand new (even if it is not) and was very well maintained with every thoughtful touch. As we drove up, we could tell this would be very different from every other place we have stayed in the area. It started with the curvy road leading to the property (so well maintained, lit, and landscaped). We saw wildlife along the way. In checking in, the cool quiet lobby was very large and open with a big wide staircase, high ceilings with breezy ceiling fans running, and soft, pleasant music playing in the background. The large airy porches with fantastic mountain sunrise and sunset views also helped set such a special mood and feel the moment you arrive. Melissa was very warm and helpful at reception. She explained all the amenities quickly, clearly, and with humor. She offered me a book from her shelf when I asked about local hikes and it was actually quite helpful. Melissa clearly fulfills her role with great pride and attention. Our room (Raspberry Room) on the second floor was very welcoming: large, airy, also with a high ceiling/ceiling fan running, and the soft music on to greet us. Our room was very comfortable and not over decorated or cluttered as they can sometimes be in this part of the country. The room's decor was just right – and had a gorgeous sunset view from the private balcony. The room was so clean. The bed/mattress was exceedingly comfortable. They had a Roku/TV setup, which we really like. As for the staff: often at these types of places the staff interacts with guests a little more than we are comfortable with. In general, we like our quiet privacy. But the staff at Berry Springs seemed to understand a guest’s needs and executed beautifully. We had good conversation when we wanted it, but the staff clearly knows when to recede and leave guests in privacy. We spoke with Patrick (owner) several times and he offered many suggestions to our questions about activities relating to day trips we wanted to take. But again, he was very understated and sensitive to his guests needs - I really enjoyed his style in managing Berry Springs. The restaurant/kitchen served excellent breakfasts, and better yet, provided desserts each evening (set out for us to pick up at our convenience and eat on the porch or in our room). They also provided small bags of ice (how nice!) in the freezer for our taking, along with free ice cream sandwiches! They have thought of everything and know the perfect balance which allowed us to be comfortable, have everything we needed (and more), and enjoy the gorgeous amenities (porches, hummingbirds, view, STUNNING location in the mountains, wildlife) on our own without intrusion. All aspects have been thoughtfully considered. I would love to go back and stay many, many more nights. Please seek out this gem and tell Patrick and Melissa hello!

Date of stay: September 2021
Reviewed 26 August 2021 via mobile

We had a large comfortable cabin. The bed and jacuzzi tub were great. If I have any complaint, the cabin seem to face the parking lot instead of facing the best views. I would suggest they put the tv on the opposite wall in the bedroom than you can access the best view.

Room tip: Plan visits to surrounding tourist towns early.
Reviewed 24 August 2021 via mobile

we stayed here before our hike up mt leconte. folks were hospitable and there's plenty to do (pond down the hill w croquet, canoes, bikes etc). the dessert (out 7p-7a) was salted caramel brownie. we left before breakfast was served but they had some instant oatmeal that we snagged. rooms were clean. country/cabin theme. parking easy. located outside of the traffic/crowds but close enough to town. staff were not masking. small workout room downstairs. beautiful views.

1  Thank scbeaches
Reviewed 13 August 2021

We have stayed at bed and breakfasts for over 10 years. We have seen just about everything, from the very good to the very bad. Berry Springs rates #1 for us. Quality and excellence are evident throughout the Lodge. Patrick was very accommodating to my husbands health needs. The lodge was very clean. This bed and breakfst was by far the best one we've stayed at. There were thousands of Dvds available to watch, there was horseshoes, ping pong, basketball and two small ponds. We watched the beautiful sunrise from the porch. The breakfasts were delicious. It was a great experience. We loved staying there. It was so peaceful.

Reviewed 11 August 2021

How do I begin? Never stayed at a bed and breakfast before! I really hate to post this because I want to keep it to myself!! If I could give it 10 stars I would. Beautiful accommodations, cleanest place I’ve ever stayed. Horseshoes, croquet, 2 ponds to fish in, a sandy beach, a hammock, a huge back porch with rocking chairs. A killer view up in the mountains. A breakfast that is to die for! A sweet tray around 7 pm. Cold soda, water, coffee , hot chocolate etc anytime you want it. If I had to make one comment, put king beds in every room! Oh I forgot the robes in each room. Just a gem ! We will be back!! Our new favorite place!